WROR Wally Brine retiring - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WROR Wally Brine retiring

Well everyone is back from vacation, Wally is still retired, they are no longer running any old Wally bits. Except for Men from Maine. AND....it's still the Loren and Wally Morning Show. And... they are running a Live Like Wally contest whereby they are giving away a trip to Aruba next week (and you too can live like Wally) although, as far as I know, Wally isn't involved at all with any taped voiceovers or anything.

Thanks for the update.

The Loren and Wally show without Wally.
    When Loren leaves they can call it the Loren and Wally show without Loren and Wally.

Perhaps this has potential to catch on with other stations.

When Matt Siegel finally hangs it up we can have Matty in the Morning without Matty.

Customarily, when a personality exits a station, either voluntarily or involuntarily, all vestiges of that person are "erased" from the station: website, commercials, imaging, bits, and especially show name! I just have to wonder what is going on here. Are they trying to "ease" Wally's voice and persona out of the imagery? Is this some kind of stunt? Or, perhaps they really don't know how to handle this?

Anyone have a theory?

Quote Originally Posted by frnkp2000 View Post

Customarily, when a personality exits a station, either voluntarily or involuntarily, all vestiges of that person are "erased" from the station: website, commercials, imaging, bits, and especially show name! I just have to wonder what is going on here. Are they trying to "ease" Wally's voice and persona out of the imagery? Is this some kind of stunt? Or, perhaps they really don't know how to handle this?

Anyone have a theory?
    I know another poster on this board have poo-pooed the value of Wally as "just another morning music jock"....but it goes to show how much they valued him....and that he didn't get shown the door.

They wanted him to stay longer.

Quote Originally Posted by frnkp2000 View Post

Anyone have a theory?
    Maybe some legal issue based on the CDs they sell ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345