• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Here we go again- with 'Chris Edwards'

mofocat

Leading Participant
After having no problem at all forgetting about the LPFM empire of Mr. White, I was blindsided when I thought I'd take a look at the KKDJ Facebook page to see if there was any mention of the recent 'KKDJ Reunion' show at Fulton55. What should I see there but a post by Mr. White about a soon to come, in 2017, 'resurrection' of of the venerable KKDJ (...at 94.7fm - Firebaugh??).
Ya right lolol
This is either a joke, or is going to be a joke.

After having no problem at all forgetting about the LPFM empire of Mr. White, I was blindsided when I thought I'd take a look at the KKDJ Facebook page to see if there was any mention of the recent 'KKDJ Reunion' show at Fulton55. What should I see there but a post by Mr. White about a soon to come, in 2017, 'resurrection' of of the venerable KKDJ (...at 94.7fm - Firebaugh??).
Ya right lolol

Please explain his LPFM "empire".

Ya right lolol

I saw it too, that is sooo funny, maybe he will do weekends only in Clovis, It probably won't happen,.
It would be nice if someone brought it back, a real station, like KYNO did with theirs, It can have an 80s Rock format, which is missing here in Fresno, especially the New Wave stuff, and Dean and Don and other DJs from that time can make appearances.

KOAD and KOOH, Hanford. Both LPFM's owned by the not for profit "Hanford Youth Services," but ran like full service for profit radio stations by Vern White. Vern would prefer you call him Chris Edwards, but Chris Edwards found out so now it's Chris Edwards White.

If you look at his facebook page you will find the KKDJ 94.7 logo he made. My knee. It's sore. From slapping it.

Hey watch the video! Denise is a real lady! She sells t-shirts in the Hanford Mall.

KOAD and KOOH, Hanford. Both LPFM's owned by the not for profit "Hanford Youth Services," but ran like full service for profit radio stations by Vern White. Vern would prefer you call him Chris Edwards, but Chris Edwards found out so now it's Chris Edwards White.

If you look at his facebook page you will find the KKDJ 94.7 logo he made. My knee. It's sore. From slapping it.

Hey watch the video! Denise is a real lady! She sells t-shirts in the Hanford Mall.

KOOH-LP is licensed to First Unitarian Universal Life Church of Hanford. The contact on the application is William Manser President. I do not see any indication that they are co-owned.

He could have at least made the 94.7 the same design as the 106 on the original logo, very sloppy looking.

Your knee shouldn't be sore it seems that you are incorrect i looked up the FCC info and a church owns it. I was at Fulton 55 when it was announced by two gentelman and a lady on stage that KKDJ was coming back on mid 2017 with Dean Opperman

All of the best rock stations in Firebaugh are owned by churches.
I did not know that Mr. white was now running a church as well as a bootleg radio station. I wonder if Mr. drake, or is that white ? belong to the same church?????? Time for a new member or name change. LOL

Last edited:
I became a member years ago.

I became a member years ago.

Hell, I became an ordained minister of The Universal Life Church when I mailed in my post card and SASE in 1971. But the radio station I got turned out to be a bootleg and Uncle Charlie came by after 3 years told me I can't do dat no mo. Da dew da dew da day.

Then he said I could have one when I joined up with the local Chamber of Commerce. But, just after Charley accepted our application for a real license, and after he in fact pointed to our application specifically, as a model for what LPFMs were meant to be, the NAB convinced Congress to intervene and put a hold on this LPFM foolishness that was so threatening to the big boys, who by then were rewriting the rules allowing them to become the conglomerated behemoth purveyors of schlock we have today. Oh well.
How Verne gets away with this crap, I have no idea.

Denise and Chris are a joke to the industry.. I live in Hanford, I built their social media and he stole my library.. its amazing that the only actual dj on their is Joey Perez

KOOH-LP is licensed to First Unitarian Universal Life Church of Hanford. The contact on the application is William Manser President. I do not see any indication that they are co-owned.

Which is basically a tax shelter similar to Hanford youth Services correct? Because there is no Universal Life Church in Hanford. Cos i know they dont hold sunday service at the mall, nor the deli ( hahahha), and not in the little office in the Artisian building.

Which is basically a tax shelter similar to Hanford youth Services correct? Because there is no Universal Life Church in Hanford. Cos i know they dont hold sunday service at the mall, nor the deli ( hahahha), and not in the little office in the Artisian building.

A ministry can be a pure broadcast one: it is not necessary to have a physical church to be a "church".

Non-profit organizations are not "tax shelters". A tax shelter is some form of entity or investment that receives special tax treatment, making it pay less, proportionally, than most other places one can put money to work. Non-profits are, in most areas, exempt from taxes, but any surplus of income over expenditures in a year is not distributed to "shareholders" or the trustees... it becomes money for some form of reserve fund or used the next year.

any surplus of income over expenditures in a year is not distributed to "shareholders" or the trustees... it becomes money for some form of reserve fund or used the next year.

Like raises for Chris and Denise.

the little office in the Artisian building

Aw man, now you got me home sick, ever eat at Regena's when it was in the Artisian? Then again I was home sick for coney island chili dogs back then.

Church at the mall would have been a trip. Used to go to work at Gottschalks hella hung over on Sundays. Had to work for at least an hour before I could take my break to buy breakfast at the Surfer Dog.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom