• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM Frequency of the Week: 1070

I haven't tried for it because I'd have thought it would have made one of the Facebook groups but I'll see if I can get it later today.

We can't send our signal toward San Antonio due to KOPY 1070 in Alice, Texas. Therefore, we have to send our signal out to the Gulf Of Mexico. You can get us as far as Rosenberg in the day (although scratchy). At night, forget it. We go from 10KW to 5KW with a tighter pattern. We broadcast from just north of Houston with eleven towers.

Thanks, Chuck. I finally did hear KNTH in San Antonio. Shortly after sunset back on Feb. 19, I caught the station for about 10-15 minutes. The signal was weak and cutting in and out, but I heard the VOC Radio show, ads with Houston references, and The Answer ID. I was at a park a couple of miles from my house that is relatively RFI-free. I've yet to hear the station again since that day.

The linked article in the Wikipedia piece indicates it is not back on yet, but will have a news-talk format when it does.

Days::::Nothing

Nights::::KNX from Los Angeles,...On occasion CFAX out of Vancouver will make an appearance

Reynoldsburg, Ohio:
Day and night, pretty much nothing if a very weak WFNI doesn't make it here. Indianapolis is about 180 miles west of Columbus.

WFNI (ex-WIBC)'s pattern makes it to Dayton but misses Columbus. WFLI, Chattanooga is now all oldies except for a morning news block. You likely won't get it in Columbus. I can get WFNI and WFLI mixed on the Beaufort SC SDR

Reynoldsburg, Ohio:
Day and night, pretty much nothing if a very weak WFNI doesn't make it here. Indianapolis is about 180 miles west of Columbus.

Here in Wood Dale, IL in the near NW suburb of Chicago:

Daytime: WTSO Madison, WI weak but there
Nightime: It's a mix of WTSO, WFNI or CHOK

DX/RETRO: KNX is still being heard in the Midwest by DXers. Myself I have not heard them lately, but I don't really try either. Others heard include KFDI (Wichita, KS), KHMO (Hannibal, MO), WDIA (Memphis, TN), WAPI (Birmingham, AL), and two Carolina stations WNCT (NC), WCSZ (SC). My best DX on this frequency without a doubt is CBA (Moncton, NB) and the Colombian HJAG from Barranquilla.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom