• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"American Top 40 - The Seventies" on 104.9 WTNQ

For fans of classic radio, you may want to know that the old AT40 shows from the '70s with Casey Kasem are now being aired on 104.9 WTNQ on Saturday mornings from 9am to noon.

I think that WIHG the hog out of Crossville @ 105.7 also carries it, unless they dropped it and WTNQ picked it up.

I think that WIHG the hog out of Crossville @ 105.7 also carries it, unless they dropped it and WTNQ picked it up.

I noticed that WIHG is in mono now. They sounded like crap anyways. I still wonder why because they broadcast in HD and it sounds amazing but their anolog is really flat sounding.

I noticed that WIHG is in mono now. They sounded like crap anyways. I still wonder why because they broadcast in HD and it sounds amazing but their anolog is really flat sounding.

Stereo is back. It's seems to be on and off but regards audio still isn't the best compared to every other Oldies/ Classic Hits station in town.

The sound quality of WIHG's analog signal is unlistenable. I sent them an e-mail months ago and never got a response.

They have the strongest playlist out of any of the stations but I can't listen to them for more than 5 mins. Reminds me of an am station. I think I'll send them a message on facebook about it. At least I'll be able to tell if they read it.

WIHG is hard to get in my part of town since the Morristown translator signed on

WIHG seems to be caught up in the "everybody hates the hits and wants to hear 10,000 stiffs" thing.

Why do you care what they play if you can't pick them up anyway? Seriously, leave all the corporate extremist b.s. off this thread and stay on topic. We are discussing stations that carry American Top 40, the the '70s. Save the corporate extremist b.s. for another thread.

Save the corporate extremist b.s. for another thread.

It is hardly "b.s." to want to play what a broad group of potential listeners wants to hear. That is not being corporate; it is wanting to survive and maybe make a buck or two.

It is hardly "b.s." to want to play what a broad group of potential listeners wants to hear. That is not being corporate; it is wanting to survive and maybe make a buck or two.

It is bullying to try to tell an out of market station what to play. If he doesn't like their playlist, he is welcome to buy the station, after which he can change the format to whatever he wants. He admits that a pesky translator in another town interferes with his listening, so he is obviously out of their listening contour, which makes his opinion of them worth not even a bucket of warm spit.

I, on the other hand, find it problematic that their website is somewhat incomplete; therefore, I have no idea whether or not they carry AT40, the '70s, or not. And that, not what some corporate extremist thinks of their playlist, is the subject matter of this thread.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom