• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

You want The Truth? You can't handle The Truth!

Those are the areas that the 5kw 770 AM night signal are weakest which is the point of an FM translator for an AM. I can't hear 94.5 in the Interbay area along 15th W. heading toward Ballard.

Yes, that is true, but that deal was made before the announcement of the Entercom CBS merger.

Your worst nightmare...96-5 The Truth

We already suffer something similar to that in Bellingham.

I wonder if there's some terrain issues between Bellevue and Cougar? That would seem really odd as it's so close, but I guess anything is possible. I've had to go to Redmond a lot for work lately, and I notice that there are 2 spots where Cougar sticks seem to have problems that I don't understand. One is, if you're eastbound on 520, as soon as you get off the bridge, those signals tend to go. The other is 405 in the area just north of 520, though not quite as familiar with that dead spot. I would guess it's multipath, as in Uber cars with HD, there's no difference in signal.

We already suffer something similar to that in Bellingham.

I feel bad for you Bellinghamers (Bellinghamites? I dunno). The one upside is being 35 miles from the Mt Seymour towers in Vansterdam plus the Victoria stations. The downside is having what amounts to a sloppy FM dial...through no fault of the Americans, of course.

I mean short of KISM and KAFE, and maybe CFBT, how much listening do you folks up there have with Canadian stations or all these pipsqueak translators and/or LPFMs that have clogged up the dial in those parts?

Radio-X

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom