You want The Truth? You can't handle The Truth!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You want The Truth? You can't handle The Truth!

You want The Truth? You can't handle The Truth!

Bonneville buys 94.5 xlator from KMIH for 300 Large. Soon to be rebroadcasting 770 KTTH

This is interesting. What will happen to KMIH? Their 94.5 got out so much better than the 88.9! Maybe they are focusing more on online-only operations?
    I wonder if this is why KPLZ flipped to Santa 101.5 today. "Talk Radio 101.5 and 570, KVI"?
    734 AM's in the log, 537 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: K243CK 96.5 Pendleton, OR (// KUMA-1290) 3/21/17
    Last New AM Log: KUKI-1400 Ukiah, CA 3/26/17

Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    I wonder if this is why KPLZ flipped to Santa 101.5 today. "Talk Radio 101.5 and 570, KVI"?
    What a silly idea. Why in the world would the money-printing station there change format?

101.5 taking over KVI's talk format...That will show Bonneville. But I don't think that will happen.

I do think a well written app will reach people under 20 better than a translator on 94.5. With the cash Bonneville paid to KMIH for the translator, their broadcasting program will hopefully benefit.

This is to offset the power reduction from 50KW to 5KW after sunset, which happens at 4:30pm now and 4:15pm in December. Less power is sent to the east side and Bellevue area and this translator will help fill in the gap after sunset in those areas that have a reduced signal at night. I would expect the translator to be operated in mono and eventually moved (Cougar) to better cover the east side.

Then again maybe Bonneville will stunt with Christmas music and re brand KTTH as My Star!

Interesting move by KMIH indeed. Am I correct they can't legally relay 88.9 on 101.1 when that signs on? I think I would have put 710 on that translator, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdavcav View Post
    Interesting move by KMIH indeed. Am I correct they can't legally relay 88.9 on 101.1 when that signs on? I think I would have put 710 on that translator, but oh well.
    Correct.

However, what they can do is broadcast the same music, same liners, same everything else. It just cannot be a verbatim simulcast. Heck, they can even advertise as "Hotjamz 88-9 and 101-1" if they so choose.

That being said, I have heard countless LPFM's that violate that rule...the nearest that violates this is 101.9 out of Bellevue.

Radio-X
    Proud to still be the least important paid worker in the Seattle/Tacoma media industry!

Not for use in MD, CT, NY, Cook County IL, HI, UT, PR, and where otherwise prohibited by law

101.1 megacycles is going to be exclusively for the Magnuson Park LPFM, you silly gooses! The KMIH alumni snagged 95.3 megacycles for a site near Swedish Hospital.

Go look at the FCC database, its lots of fun!

No, you cannot simulcast "Hot Jamz" on the new LPFM. But KMIH may rebroadcast programming of the new LPFM.

Quote Originally Posted by FMSteve View Post
    101.1 megacycles is going to be exclusively for the Magnuson Park LPFM, you silly gooses! The KMIH alumni snagged 95.3 megacycles for a site near Swedish Hospital.

Go look at the FCC database, its lots of fun!

No, you cannot simulcast "Hot Jamz" on the new LPFM. But KMIH may rebroadcast programming of the new LPFM.
    That is news to the rest of us mouth-breathers...last time I checked FCC's FM Query, they had a share-time agreement with Magnuson Park....KMIH was to get it 12pm-12am, Magnuson Park 12am-12pm. Different tx sites to boot!

That means it will make 95.3 a real hoot of a signal past Seattle city limits into Lynnwood with the KRKO translator on the same channel.

Radio-X
    Proud to still be the least important paid worker in the Seattle/Tacoma media industry!

Not for use in MD, CT, NY, Cook County IL, HI, UT, PR, and where otherwise prohibited by law

Back to the Truth...Reason KIRO 710 does not get the translator is they do not drop power at sunset and the night pattern covers the eastside well. Plus KIRO 710 is on the KIRO-FM HD2. KTTH loses coverage on the eastside at sunset. All those KTTH listeners in their cars during afternoon drive have a less than desirable signal after sunset/4:15 in December. The translator will fix that.

As for KMIH. I heard there is a NCE fm signal in Darington that needs a responsible owner and they have money now or maybe 710ESPN coming soon to Darington.

What a way to tie the two current active threads together! Love it! Not gonna happen though, that's way too far north for KMIH to want it. I would, however, like to see the local high school in Darrington get that thing though. As for KMIH and the lp, how exactly could they run the same liners and everything without being a simulcast?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast