You want The Truth? You can't handle The Truth! - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: You want The Truth? You can't handle The Truth!

Those are the areas that the 5kw 770 AM night signal are weakest which is the point of an FM translator for an AM. I can't hear 94.5 in the Interbay area along 15th W. heading toward Ballard.

Quote Originally Posted by KXA View Post
    Yes, that is true, but that deal was made before the announcement of the Entercom CBS merger.

Your worst nightmare...96-5 The Truth
    We already suffer something similar to that in Bellingham.
    Awww, you're an "alpha male". Isn't that cute...

I wonder if there's some terrain issues between Bellevue and Cougar? That would seem really odd as it's so close, but I guess anything is possible. I've had to go to Redmond a lot for work lately, and I notice that there are 2 spots where Cougar sticks seem to have problems that I don't understand. One is, if you're eastbound on 520, as soon as you get off the bridge, those signals tend to go. The other is 405 in the area just north of 520, though not quite as familiar with that dead spot. I would guess it's multipath, as in Uber cars with HD, there's no difference in signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongwater View Post
    We already suffer something similar to that in Bellingham.
    I feel bad for you Bellinghamers (Bellinghamites? I dunno). The one upside is being 35 miles from the Mt Seymour towers in Vansterdam plus the Victoria stations. The downside is having what amounts to a sloppy FM dial...through no fault of the Americans, of course.

I mean short of KISM and KAFE, and maybe CFBT, how much listening do you folks up there have with Canadian stations or all these pipsqueak translators and/or LPFMs that have clogged up the dial in those parts?

Radio-X

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567