• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KTAR remembers the live and local thing...

Hmmm...less news, more talk. Is that really an improvement?

If the alternative is more non-news (and non-local) filler from Ramsey, then yes, it really is an improvement. Much how like people can't really remember what 550 was like before Limbaugh, neither can anyone really remember what 92.3 was like before Ramsey: wasn't there some Paul Harvey guy providing news-related "rest of the story"? And wasn't it all local, even on the weekends? Frankly, I wish they could KEEP the evening news recap (not eliminate it) and then ADD the new show AFTER it, and whittle down Beans and Rice further, but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.

I wish they could KEEP the evening news recap (not eliminate it) and then ADD the new show AFTER it, and whittle down Beans and Rice further, but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.

That's what I'm saying. I get that you don't like Ramsey. But does Phoenix really need another Rush wanna-be spouting his opinion, replacing an hour of local news?

My point is local crap isn't necessarily better.

Didn't realize that Darrin Damme aka Krazy Kid was getting a post drive time radio show. Guess I should've clicked on this link. I heard him on Friday and he mention it while subbing for Bruce and Pam. Funny, Darrin never seems to say his name clearly. I thought he was doing the Doug Hopkins Flippin' Real Estate show on Saturday but again, he introduces everyone but himself. I thought Darrin did good work when KTAR used to have those political panels with Mac, Gaydos, Pat McMahon and Gayle Bass in the mid-00s. Good Luck Kid!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom