• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

TuneIn Offers Live Streaming for 140 NCAA Teams

http://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n33557

Heres a word from Tunein.

TuneIn has announced its college basketball lineup, which includes live play-by-play and team-specific programming from a total of 149 universities. With more than 60% of college basketball fans living outside of their home market, TuneIn's lineup allows college sports fans at home and around the world to stay connected to their favorite team for free. TuneIn's college sports network is built through partnerships with Learfield, IMG, FOX Sports, Outfront Media, Westwood One, ESPN Radio and Compass Media Networks.

"2016 has been a big growth year for TuneIn's sports content offering," said TuneIn Chief Content Officer Kevin Straley. "We are excited to continue our key partnerships, which allow us to bring a record-number of college basketball stations to dedicated fans everywhere."

TuneIn has continued to grow its college basketball offerings each year, streaming hundreds of live games from every major conference, including the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, SEC, AAC, MAC and WAC. Additionally, through its partnership with Westwood One, TuneIn is also home to live play-by-play of all 65 games of the 2017 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship, as well as the 2017 NCAA Division I Women's Final Four and Championship Game.

They started streaming live games a couple of years ago, after Learfield and a few others apparently got tired of being stuck on greedy, not-always-reliable, $100 a year CBS Sports ULive. Now, if the NFL would get a clue...

This is part of their premium lineup, which requires a fee, is it not?

No because I can listen to Florida Gators Football and Basketball for free on it through the Gator IMG Sports Network.

Tune In as become one of my favorite apps. It's great that I can tune into my local stations and as well get the bigger national feed for Sports Talk

iRoly, so you listen to the Gators from the UF site, or through TuneIn?

IMG does generally allow free streaming from a specific college site, in Michigan's case it's at mgoblue.com

However, streaming cannot be picked up through any other method that I'm aware of.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom