The Edge is no more! - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 76 of 76

Thread: The Edge is no more!

  1. #71
    Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    34,438
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rimshot View Post
    What is VT'ing?

    Voice transmitting would be my guess.
    As Robert said, "voice tracking". That is when the announcer pre-records a show's DJ segments by following the music log and doing all the things that go between songs and spots that would be done live.

    Voice tracking is very easy to do today thanks to computer automation. It began as far back at the late 60's with earlier electro-mechanical automation, but was harder to do and involved cantankerous devices like Carrousels, Go-Carts ad Insta-carts and loads of reel-to-reel machines.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post
    It began as far back at the late 60's with earlier electro-mechanical automation, but was harder to do and involved cantankerous devices like Carrousels, Go-Carts ad Insta-carts and loads of reel-to-reel machines.
    And lots of very noisy solenoid relays

  3. #73
    No reaction or comments on Star 102.1 now that it is on the new format? Haven't listened yet (I'm in Houston) but I'm guessing it is similar to KODA Sunny 99.1 here in H-Town.

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediafrog+ View Post
    No reaction or comments on Star 102.1 now that it is on the new format? Haven't listened yet (I'm in Houston) but I'm guessing it is similar to KODA Sunny 99.1 here in H-Town.
    Typical sounding AC station to me. Playing the popular Madonna and Bon Jovi stuff from the 80's while also playing the Chainsmokers and Sia songs that you hear on KISS FM. Doesn't sound too much different from Jack FM..

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by RowlettGuy View Post
    Typical sounding AC station to me. Playing the popular Madonna and Bon Jovi stuff from the 80's while also playing the Chainsmokers and Sia songs that you hear on KISS FM. Doesn't sound too much different from Jack FM..
    ....and TONS of commercials for Frigo underwear. (Funny since the station is geared towards women.)

  6. #76
    Star is close enough to Jack-FM for me to like it, though 100.3 is far easier to recieve up here on the Red River. (92.5 is sadly the hardest to get, well forgetting 93.3 which is non-existant here)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us