The Edge is no more! - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Edge is no more!

I agree. Market hole.

Something like 98.1 The Breeze in SF as previously stated.

This is a very sad day.

Is this a sign of things to come for the Alternative format?

With Gen X-ers getting older, you would think that an alternative format would be in every major market, a la Classic Rock in the mid-90s.

Since the old Edge website URL currently redirects to the Eagle website, it makes it a little harder to find the audio player for the 102.1 frequency during the stunting period.

Through the magic of the cached website for The Edge (KDGE), below is the link to the 102.1 audio player to hear the loop of Semisonic's 1998 song "Closing Time"
    followed by the new format debut at 5 PM CST on Thu. 11/17/2016:

http://www.iheart.com/live/1021-the-...cid=index.html

The above URL address is likely to change with the new format - maybe immediately, maybe not...stay tuned.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

The direct streaming URL to plug in to the audio player of your choice is linked below (copy + paste ONLY - do not attempt to open in a browser window):

http://kdge-fm.akacast.akamaistream....am.net/kdge-fm
    Last edited by pjc1961; 11-17-2016 at 01:02 PM.

I was a bit surprised by this move. It seems to me like iHeart decided they only needed one rock station in DFW and figured this would help the Eagle while they could go after a different audience with something else on 102.1. I agree that there's a market hole for a true AC format since KVIL flipped. That would seem logical, but who knows. I don't see a need for an urban format or a country format. Country would maybe make more sense than urban, but not as much sense as an AC station.

We'll find out at 5pm today.

New Domain

This domain was registered yesterday..but not sure it's related. star1021online.com

That domain redirects to KPRR- a rhythmic station out of El Paso.

Star 102.1 FM

here comes christmas at 5pm
    Last edited by jasonharper2013; 11-17-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Try 102-1 The Breeze. The 1021thebreeze.com domain was registered today as well.

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by WX5MRD View Post
    Try 102-1 The Breeze. The 1021thebreeze.com domain was registered today as well.
    Looks like the wind blew away the clouds in the market, and now we can see the night sky.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast