• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Edge is no more!

Ok, I will, stop asking,

I won't, stop misusing commas, where they are not needed, though,

Last edited:
Comma's, are, mandatory, on, the, Internet, :D

R

I notice in addition to adding commercials, there was a DJ hosting the other day when I listened. I suppose he was hired for the new station when it starts Dec. 26. I didn't hear him give his name but he was talking over the song intros, telling us how excited he is that Christmas is on the way.

I assume he wasn't a hold over from the Alternative format, unless he can do both formats well.

Or he was VT'ing from 300 miles away...

R

Voice Tracking

R

What is VT'ing?

Voice transmitting would be my guess.

As Robert said, "voice tracking". That is when the announcer pre-records a show's DJ segments by following the music log and doing all the things that go between songs and spots that would be done live.

Voice tracking is very easy to do today thanks to computer automation. It began as far back at the late 60's with earlier electro-mechanical automation, but was harder to do and involved cantankerous devices like Carrousels, Go-Carts ad Insta-carts and loads of reel-to-reel machines.

It began as far back at the late 60's with earlier electro-mechanical automation, but was harder to do and involved cantankerous devices like Carrousels, Go-Carts ad Insta-carts and loads of reel-to-reel machines.

And lots of very noisy solenoid relays

No reaction or comments on Star 102.1 now that it is on the new format? Haven't listened yet (I'm in Houston) but I'm guessing it is similar to KODA Sunny 99.1 here in H-Town.

No reaction or comments on Star 102.1 now that it is on the new format? Haven't listened yet (I'm in Houston) but I'm guessing it is similar to KODA Sunny 99.1 here in H-Town.

Typical sounding AC station to me. Playing the popular Madonna and Bon Jovi stuff from the 80's while also playing the Chainsmokers and Sia songs that you hear on KISS FM. Doesn't sound too much different from Jack FM..

Typical sounding AC station to me. Playing the popular Madonna and Bon Jovi stuff from the 80's while also playing the Chainsmokers and Sia songs that you hear on KISS FM. Doesn't sound too much different from Jack FM..

....and TONS of commercials for Frigo underwear. (Funny since the station is geared towards women.)

Star is close enough to Jack-FM for me to like it, though 100.3 is far easier to recieve up here on the Red River. (92.5 is sadly the hardest to get, well forgetting 93.3 which is non-existant here)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom