• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

15~Eighty Sells Again!

CRC pays $450k for KHEP (15~Eighty) and a Nogales translator, soon to move north. CRC is Ron Cohen, who owns KFNN 15~Ten and is leasing 99~Three. The recently filed deal includes an LMA and commitment from the current owner (Gabrielle) to lease CRC tower space at the 12~Eighty site. So, What In The Wide, Wide World of Sports will be goin' on 15~Eighty? Can't help but think the Money Radio format currently on 15~Ten. CRC will bump up the pow-pow-power from 22kw directional day to 50kw non-direction on 15~Eighty. Nighttime, an improvement in coverage. 15~Ten is 100w thru four sticks (YIKES), while 15~Eighty is 95 watts non-directional. And with the translator, no more lease payments. Some of the accounting students at the Buckeye Media Hut are questioning the math - Barker paid Disney $1.4m for 15~Eighty and now he's selling it for $450k. A haircut some rookie students might think, but Gabrielle still owns the Tempe tower acreage, and that should pay off quite nicely. So the question now becomes: what plans does CRC have for 15~Ten?

So the question now becomes: what plans does CRC have for 15~Ten?

I'd keep leasing out 99.3 if I couldn't make a deal to buy it outright because it's quite powerful for what it is and it makes 1510 more valuable. Then you lease out the time on 1510 to someone who wants to be on FM but can't afford one of the rimshots.

It's either that or a format that can live off of direct sales. Brokering it makes more business sense.

If it were in my town it would be Desi 99.3 or something Vietnamese tomorrow. But I'm not sure Phoenix is that diverse.

I'm flying into town next week. Besides lunch beside the tower of pow-pow-power at the Ponderosa Lumber Company, what needs to be on my radio bucket list?

I'd keep leasing out 99.3
I'm flying into town next week. Besides lunch beside the tower of pow-pow-power at the Ponderosa Lumber Company, what needs to be on my radio bucket list?

Let's see....drive by 5th & Jackson to wish Sheriff Joe a happy retirement, then a couple of blocks over to 2nd Av & Washington to see if the Mayor's ego is as big as the departing Sheriff's. Hey while you're having lunch canal side at the Lumberyard, check out the luxury condos now sitting where Paddock Pools used to be, and by all means you'll want to see the new Momplex on 52nd St near Roosevelt. Who knows, maybe you'll see the Lamptimer now enshrined in the Hubbard Hall of Fame.

back to topic: Think CRC has a thing for stations in the 15 Hundreds? They've got 15~Ten and 15~Eighty, so keep an eye on 15~Forty. It'll be a monopoly of high enders!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom