WRCA 1330 going off the air temporarily - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WRCA 1330 going off the air temporarily

Quote Originally Posted by encarta95 View Post
    CCM is a format hole, but you'd want a signal with solid suburban coverage and 106.1 couldn't be further from it.

I'm convinced Spanish tropical, modeled after Beasley's 92.5 Maxima in Tampa Bay.
    Máximi is actually Spanish language rhythmic. There are no successful tropical stations on the US mainland. It's an 18-44 format, so not so good for an AM but if there is nothing else, most people opt for a streaming service.
    Last edited by DavidEduardo; 01-05-2017 at 08:44 PM.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Urban Contemporary to compete with WZBR, WKAF, WJMN and WODS and compliment WBQT's classic hip hop/rhythmic CHR hybrid with a current-oriented hip hop/R&B/dancehall playlist.

For a name, I'd consider 106-1 HUB FM The People's Station

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

Máximi is actually Spanish language rhythmic. There are no successful tropical stations on the US mainland. It's an 18-44 format, so not so good for an AM but if there is nothing else, most people opt for a streaming service.
    Looking at the playlist, I agree Maxima is rhythmic like KLOL/Houston. But I'd thought WSKQ/New York and WXDJ/Miami were considered tropical?

Quote Originally Posted by encarta95 View Post
    Looking at the playlist, I agree Maxima is rhythmic like KLOL/Houston. But I'd thought WSKQ/New York and WXDJ/Miami were considered tropical?
    They have some tropical songs, but for the most part are rhythmic. Not much salsa or merengue, lots of reggaetón blends, bachata and rhythmic material of the Gente de Zona and Maluma style.

Closest real tropical stations are Salsoul and Zeta in Puerto Rico
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

There is an AM station on the Philadelphia thread that they were talking about playing Smooth Jazz, and rebroadcast on HD2. Would it be a viable option here?

What else could they put on WRCA, and rebroadcast on 106.1? I know that it might not work, but what can they put on this station? I know that it sounds ridiculous but they're doing it in Philly.

Just a hopeful thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgsinger View Post
    For a name, I'd consider 106-1 HUB FM The People's Station
    98.5 is already called The Hub. 98.5 The Sports Hub.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy128 View Post

There is an AM station on the Philadelphia thread that they were talking about playing Smooth Jazz, and rebroadcast on HD2. Would it be a viable option here?
    Yes! 1480AM in Philly is Smooth Jazz...and sounds great! Of course they are also on 106.1 HD2.

I'm not sure how you would compare the limited signal of Beasleys Translator on 106.1 in Boston with the limited reach of an HD in Pilly at 106.1 (Looks like the Philly station (analog) is a full signal.)

Let's not forget that Philly is a heavy black market.

http://wjjz.iheart.com/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345