WRCA 1330 going off the air temporarily - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WRCA 1330 going off the air temporarily

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
    Depends on the market size, but I think one company can own up to 8 stations in a market.
    In a major market like Boston, the cap is 8. Max of 2 TV or 5 radio in any one service. Translators do not count against the cap.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy128 View Post

I would guess jockless true oldies.
    Why would you guess that? ...a format that might take away from WROR and WMJX?

Quote Originally Posted by Wimmmex View Post
    Why would you guess that? ...a format that might take away from WROR and WMJX?

Because WROR leans more toward classic rock albeit sanitized. I'm thinking more top 40 oldies like the old wimmmex.

Demographic too old?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy128 View Post

Because WROR leans more toward classic rock albeit sanitized. I'm thinking more top 40 oldies like the old wimmmex.

Demographic too old?
    While you and I would love that...I think the format would tend to take audience from WROR....which is having it's day in the sun with older demos.

That's my take anyway...but what do I know! ;-)
    Last edited by Wimmmex; 12-02-2016 at 10:33 PM.

I can't give too many details and I don't know the format but am hearing in a month or so a station nr the middle of the FM dial could well be changing format. And it isn't Beasley or CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by raccoonradio View Post
    I can't give too many details and I don't know the format but am hearing in a month or so a station nr the middle of the FM dial could well be changing format. And it isn't Beasley or CBS.
    Hmmm......
    Depending on if you consider 88.1 or 92.1 the lower end of the dial—i.e., the whole dial or just the commercial real estate—the midpoint would be either 98.0 or 100.1, which suggests either 99.1 or 101.7.
    Well, letʼs see.
    We have 99.1, which has its “12 Days Of Chri$tmx”, after which is a prime time for a flip.
    And we have 101.7, which has been country for a couple of years now, so that (recently) volatile frequency is due for a change.
    ~Uncle Kaimbridge~

**** Void Where Permitted; Limit 0 Per Customer. ****

98.0?If we were playing the Price is Right's Clock Game I'd say, lower. I said near. i-Heart or Plymouth, no..I consider the low end as 88.
    Last edited by raccoonradio; 12-04-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Hmmm...97.7 is not CBS or Beasly. And pretty close to 98.

97.7, 99.1 or 99.5 seem to meet the criteria, and since 99.5 is a noncomm (not to mention the WCRB legacy "written in stone" classical format), that leaves only 97.7 and 99.1. Hard to imagine the WAAF folks wanting to blow up a station that requires no additional staffing to run, so what's next for 99.1? Something that will skew younger and attract those youth-obsessed advertisers, perhaps? Or might WAAF itself be about to dump dying, splintered active rock for something more rhythmic?

Breaking up is hard to do but by some time next month it could happen..we don't know format or exact time.I would think 107.3 stays same and 97.7 tries a different format..If it makes $ they could try to hire
    or do a Mike again? Even that, nr the end, had a few workers.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast