• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRCA 1330 going off the air temporarily

CCM is a format hole, but you'd want a signal with solid suburban coverage and 106.1 couldn't be further from it.

I'm convinced Spanish tropical, modeled after Beasley's 92.5 Maxima in Tampa Bay.

Máximi is actually Spanish language rhythmic. There are no successful tropical stations on the US mainland. It's an 18-44 format, so not so good for an AM but if there is nothing else, most people opt for a streaming service.

Last edited:
Urban Contemporary to compete with WZBR, WKAF, WJMN and WODS and compliment WBQT's classic hip hop/rhythmic CHR hybrid with a current-oriented hip hop/R&B/dancehall playlist.

Máximi is actually Spanish language rhythmic. There are no successful tropical stations on the US mainland. It's an 18-44 format, so not so good for an AM but if there is nothing else, most people opt for a streaming service.

Looking at the playlist, I agree Maxima is rhythmic like KLOL/Houston. But I'd thought WSKQ/New York and WXDJ/Miami were considered tropical?

Looking at the playlist, I agree Maxima is rhythmic like KLOL/Houston. But I'd thought WSKQ/New York and WXDJ/Miami were considered tropical?

They have some tropical songs, but for the most part are rhythmic. Not much salsa or merengue, lots of reggaetón blends, bachata and rhythmic material of the Gente de Zona and Maluma style.

Closest real tropical stations are Salsoul and Zeta in Puerto Rico

There is an AM station on the Philadelphia thread that they were talking about playing Smooth Jazz, and rebroadcast on HD2. Would it be a viable option here?

What else could they put on WRCA, and rebroadcast on 106.1? I know that it might not work, but what can they put on this station? I know that it sounds ridiculous but they're doing it in Philly.

Just a hopeful thought.

There is an AM station on the Philadelphia thread that they were talking about playing Smooth Jazz, and rebroadcast on HD2. Would it be a viable option here?

Yes! 1480AM in Philly is Smooth Jazz...and sounds great! Of course they are also on 106.1 HD2.

I'm not sure how you would compare the limited signal of Beasleys Translator on 106.1 in Boston with the limited reach of an HD in Pilly at 106.1 (Looks like the Philly station (analog) is a full signal.)

Let's not forget that Philly is a heavy black market.

http://wjjz.iheart.com/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom