• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best soundprocessing in NYC on radio? Thoughts?

For me it's definitely Radio 103.9. What are they using for soundprocessing? Omnia.11 with the new G-Force software or something? Worst, still CBS FM.

Q1043 (WAXQ) ... excellent stereo separation and a slight bit of reverb. Lite FM (WLTW) is a close second

I agree Radio 103.9 sounds good. Nash sounds good too. One of the worst is WBLS. Their audio always sounds muffled and overly compressed.

Yes, agree. CBS FM sounds horrible. It's a sort of 'mono/AM-ish' sound, less stereo separation and very dry and flat. Not that typical 80's-like processing, what suits the format of the station.
When you first tune in to CBS FM and than Radio 103.9 it's really, really different, open, wide and fat. I think when CBS sounding like Radio 103.9 at the moment, it makes a big difference.

Much of the CBS issue is probably the quality of the source material. Music processing of the 70's 80's and 90's is quite different.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom