Anybody airing Christmas music yet? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody airing Christmas music yet?

According to someone on Facebook who showed a photo, Sirius XM Holly is already back for this year.

Here in Nashville, the trend has actually been AWAY from early starts. One year, it was around Nov. 11th (Christian AC station, I think); another year, it was November 19th (although that may have actually been just a preview). Last year, it wasn't until Thanksgiving, which is what I expect again this year.

One area mall has now also reversed trend, and will be closed on Thanksgiving, although anchor stores could still open.

WMXL, Lexington (Mix 94.5) flipped Halloween morning, as they've done the past couple years. WAY too early IMO.

iHeart's WMAG Greensboro NC when I checked on Veteran's Day. I didn't verify that it was just a special weekend as some of the stations have done, but I also didn't hear anyone say that it was.

I was just reminded when I heard Karen Carpenter on KKOV. I heard Karen's angelic voice singing Christmas music in Concord Mills, a mall in Concord, NC. I don't know the source of their music, whether Muzak or some other company. However, most of it was either AC-sounding versions of traditional songs (Karen is not AC) or actual AC songs about Christmas that I didn't know. Santa arrived on Veterans' Day, so at the very least that was a good reason.

KRWK (Mix 101.9) here in Fargo Just flipped to Christmas music today

I could of course have turned on WMAG at home, but I was listening yesterday. It wasn't just a weekend preview.

WLYF-HD2 in Miami is airing Christmas music.

LITE FM Holiday Channel

KRWM 106.9 Seattle "Warm 106.9"
    KPLZ 101.5 Seattle, Star 101.5 has also flipped. They have never flipped to entirely Christmas fare before. Suspecting a format flip?
    734 AM's in the log, 554 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: 90.7 XHTIM-BCN, 95.9 KFSH-CA, 95.1 KBBY-CA and 88.3 KAXL-CA; 6/8/17 E-skip
    Last New AM Log: KUKI-1400 Ukiah, CA 3/26/17

KYMX Mix 96 in Sacramento, CA Started early

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast