Anybody airing Christmas music yet?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody airing Christmas music yet?

Anybody airing Christmas music yet?

And what's the earliest you've heard/seen this year?

105.1 the River (Jackson, MS), Magic 96.5 (Birmingham) and Sunny 98.5 (Panama City) are among the early converts.

WNIC in Detroit.

Wakw Cincinnati is all Christmas music they flipped on November 1 at mid night

Also, WKOZ Carthage, MS (classic hits) is all-Christmas.

Is it mandated that all iHeart AC stations go all-Christmas and so early?

Only by the fact that the flip, particularly when only done by one station early, results in high ratings and higher ad dollars.

I heard WELJ Montauk, NY, already playing Christmas music about a week ago, with announcements every two or three songs about a "brand new radio station" on the way after Christmas. So I guess the ho-ho-ho format is a stunt and Nash Icon, its format before the flip to Christmas, is out, I don't see anyone talking about this in the New York forum, so I can't even speculate what the new format may be.

Which makes it the first station in the NewLondon market to flip. It's also the first station with any sort of signal in New England (in this case, actually in a NE market, along with the very broad Nassau-Suffolk market ranging from NYC rimshot, to generic LI stations, to stations serving the Hamptons, to stations like this and WJJF) to flip, and (I believe) the first in the northeast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgsinger View Post
    Which makes it the first station in the NewLondon market to flip. It's also the first station with any sort of signal in New England (in this case, actually in a NE market, along with the very broad Nassau-Suffolk market ranging from NYC rimshot, to generic LI stations, to stations serving the Hamptons, to stations like this and WJJF) to flip, and (I believe) the first in the northeast.
    Do any Canadian stations go Christmas, or does the Canadian licensing system, under which the CRTC has to approve format, prohibit that? I was thinking maybe a New Brunswick or Quebec station might have flipped, with its signal finding its way into northern Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont.

KBPA Launched HD-3 first of this month of Christmas music.
    FM DX in general, dance, mix DJ, computer repair. Favorite all time radio so far: Sangean WR-2.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast