Another New Urban Station 92.3/96.7 ??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another New Urban Station 92.3/96.7 ???

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    People who like that music tend to be over 65 years old.
    You are so so wrong on that.........Just what ATL needs another black station.

Quote Originally Posted by max100 View Post
    You are so so wrong on that.
    And yet when you look at the data on radio stations that program 60s music, that's exactly what you see.

http://thebeatatl.iheart.com
    Their website is up now.

I doubt it'll live up to 95.5 the Beat but I still appreciate the name.
    Last edited by ATL4Life; 11-11-2016 at 11:18 AM.

92.3 & 96.7 THE BEAT
    "The A's Hip-Hop and R&B"

Eric Edwards is the Voice guy. Breakfast Club mornings and Big Boy late nights is new to the South, but it looks like middays, afternoons and early evenings maybe live and local!

TOH at 12noon the relaunch was played again. From what I've heard so far, they've combined the sounds of STREETZ and BOOM with a large ATL Hip-Hop sound and throwbacks.
    Last edited by ShawtyBlack_ATL; 11-11-2016 at 01:03 PM.
    www.mixcrate.com/shawtyblackatl

I've been listening to a lot today and i think it may be my new favorite atlanta hip-hop station solely because it seemingly has the largest catalog and isnt limited to just new or classic hip-hop. They also play some Atlanta stuff that never charted on a national scale so thats cool. The signal could be a little better too but overall I think this is a great addition.
    Last edited by ATL4Life; 11-11-2016 at 06:20 PM.

It is just phenominal, music to go to sleep by.

Curious: I'm not a hip hop fan at all but from a radio perspective, is it common for iheart hip hop stations to be a little more adventurous with the playlist by playing from a larger catalog of music OR does this station seem to have a lot more local control vs the typical corporate sound of most Iheart stations. Iheart is my least favorite Alternative format producer because I feel they tend to be pretty safe and from a Top 40 perspective, while they may play newer stuff first, they also play a tighter playlist than Q.

Quote Originally Posted by ATL4Life View Post
    I've been listening to a lot today and i think it may be my new favorite atlanta hip-hop station solely because it seemingly has the largest catalog and isnt limited to just new or classic hip-hop. They also play some Atlanta stuff that never charted on a national scale so thats cool. The signal could be a little better too but overall I think this is a great addition.

In my opinion, most I heart Urban's I've listened to tend to have a wide variety when it comes to the playlist. Since the "Classic Hip Hop" trend started, I tend to hear more throwbacks on iHeart mainstream Urban's. The larger markets that i've streamed play regional trends too. I think all of iHeart Urban's use Premium Choice voice tracking and the national "Beat" playlist overnights. Some smaller markets run Premium Choice nearly 24/7 with little to no local jocks nor regional music trends.

I would bet either middays or afternoon drive will be voice-tracked from another iHeart market. I don't see this station having big revenue potential, and iHeart uses voice-tracking even on big billing stations.

Quote Originally Posted by RoddyFreeman View Post
    iHeart uses voice-tracking even on big billing stations.
    Although not as much. iHeart sells as a national platform combining on air and online.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast