2016 Holiday Music
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Holiday Music

2016 Holiday Music

Now that the 2016 Holiday season is upon us, I'm wondering which station will be the first to flip to All Christmas music this year?

96.5 KOIT

98.1 The Breeze

94.5 KBAY

Any guesses?
    WASSUP YA ALL!!!! IT'S THE WORLD'S MOST LOVEABLE AUTISTIC HAMMERIN' HANK.  I WORKED AT KYLD(WiLD 94.9) IN SAN FRANCISCO FOR OVER FOURTEEN YEARS UNTIL I WAS LET GO IN AUGUST 2008. I'M CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR MY NEXT RADIO JOB, BUT TIMES ARE TOUGH THESE DAYS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HenryOchs View Post
    Now that the 2016 Holiday season is upon us, I'm wondering which station will be the first to flip to All Christmas music this year?

96.5 KOIT

98.1 The Breeze

94.5 KBAY

Any guesses?
    Hopefully it'll be after Thanksgiving....Nah...Who am I kidding.
    Los Angeles

KOIT and KBAY usually flip the day before Thanksgiving. The Breeze won't go all-Christmas.

Are you sure it's only the day before Thanksgiving? I thought almost every station that does it, pulls the switch the weekend before turkey day, if not sooner. If you're committed to the format, why wait?

The other big market Soft AC stations, WFEZ Miami and WDUV Tampa, simply add Xmas music into the regular format. But since WFEZ & WDUV are owned by Cox and KISQ is owned by iHeart, maybe KISQ will go all-Christmas in addition to KOIT and KBAY. iHeart seems to be a big proponent of going all-Christmas.

KOIT used to flip the weekend before Thanksgiving. For at least the past 5 years they've waited until the day before Thanksgiving, same as KBAY. Not too many markets have 3 Christmas music stations so don't look for KISQ to join them. In Los Angeles KOST will start their Christmas programming November 9, the day after the election.
    Last edited by radcat; 11-06-2016 at 09:30 AM.

Sirius XM Radio have been playing Christmas music since the start of November (Channel 17)

Wouldn't be surprised if 104.1-KISQ HD 1 flips first to get some attention.

David W
    you called that one!

KOIT flipped

Quote Originally Posted by 1069_KIFR View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if 104.1-KISQ HD 1 flips first to get some attention.

They Did 104.1 FM is now Santa FM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast