• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SiriusXM Customer Service-Blows

Kelly A

Walk of Fame Participant
Bought and installed a new aftermarket Kenwood system with SiriusXM module for my Ford F350 pickup. Called SiriusXM and set up the service. But wait, some channels don't match the channels in my wife's Jag. In particular, I wanted to get the NFL games and NFL talk show channel on 88. My wife was with me on a long drive and wanted to hear the beloved Seahawks game. Her car gets all the channels, but in my truck all the NFL-related channels all say "not subscribed". Logged into my account on the SiriusXM website and the customer service 'chat' session. "Rob" responded that my truck is receiving what amounts to the old XM satellite, which has a different lineup than my wife's Jag with a Sirius subscription. Told "Rob" that I understood, but according to the schedules, the channel numbers available on the XM bird I was interested in, were the same as the Sirius bird. Then "Rob" came back with the answer that with the XM in my truck, those channels would only be available via their Internet app. "But Rob, your own schedule says NFL channels are on the XM satellite, there is a programming schedule that says so, but my radio doesn't play them." "All I want to know is what subscription type do I need to get those channels on my Kenwood." Rob: But that's what I'm saying, unless you have only a Sirius radio, you can get those channels only via a the Internet. "But Rob, you don't understand; Your schedule for XM radio(s) says the channels are available, that's all I want." Don't want to listen via the Internet.

Anyway, after 45 minutes of going round and round with "Rob", I went in further to the website and discovered how to upgrade my subscription to the "All Access" subscription, and now get all the channels on their listed channels. Problem was, they wouldn't prorate from my original subscription, and made me pay another full boat ($260) for another full year, making me eat the $200+ I already spent. I am pretty sure "Rob" is in another part of the world, because clearly there was a loss of translation.

Getting fed up with SiriusXM, to the point I'm not sure whether I'm going to renew next year.

The Seahawks game was a national game, probably available on lots of OTA stations. Of course it ended in a tie, which was frustrating to everyone.

I am pretty sure "Rob" is in another part of the world, because clearly there was a loss of translation.

I've heard SXM uses call centers in Egypt and Jamaica, which are even cheaper than the omnipresent Indian customer service centers. The accents are often so thick as to be impenetrable.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom