• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Gary Bryan show on KRTH

Enjoy the show and occasional motown songs that get pulled from "the vault".
that Gary plays, not sure how much longer the program director will give him leeway on that as KRTH is slowly molding 90's in every daypart. I have a feeling at the beginning of the year his show is going to have more 90's in play. Im 42 and ill enjoy the occasional motown spins while it last. I also like the 80's and 90's.
Good show Gary and thanks for "dusting off records" and reminding us what KRTH used to be :)

Enjoy the show and occasional motown songs that get pulled from "the vault".
that Gary plays, not sure how much longer the program director will give him leeway on that as KRTH is slowly molding 90's in every daypart. I have a feeling at the beginning of the year his show is going to have more 90's in play. Im 42 and ill enjoy the occasional motown spins while it last. I also like the 80's and 90's.
Good show Gary and thanks for "dusting off records" and reminding us what KRTH used to be :)

KRTH plays 68% 80's and less than 4% 90's. The rest is mostly later 70's.

The PD of a station like KRTH gives no "leeway" at all in the station playlist. Jocks don't pick the song and any exceptions would generally be topical, such as when a big artist passes away.

So then why was Gary Bryan playing "reunited" this morning from 1979?
And they played the Shepards hit from 1961 last week. Which is WAY outside the desired demo for KRTH. Both motown/soul hits.

So then why was Gary Bryan playing "reunited" this morning from 1979?
And they played the Shepards hit from 1961 last week. Which is WAY outside the desired demo for KRTH. Both motown/soul hits.

"Reuninted" has not been played on KRTH in the last 6 weeks.

If by "Shepards" you mean "Shep and the Limelites" (The only similar artist I see on any 1961 chart) that artist did not play in the last 6 weeks, either.

Of course, sometimes morning talent uses song snippets as part of a bit. That is not unusual, even if the song is "out of format".

The oldest thing played last week on KRTH's morning show was 1972's Tiny Dancer by Sir Elton.

The only 60's titles played in the last 6 weeks were by the Stones, Beatles, Supremes, Box Tops, Sam and Dave, The Doors and Elvis' "Suspicious Minds". None of those 60's songs played more than once in the whole 6 weeks.

A number of 70's and later Stones, McCartney and Wings songs were played with considerable frequency as the Desert Trip concert drew near (along with Pink Floyd's only disco song). They were dropped the day after weekend 2 of the concert (which was well worth the cost!).

They played "wild thing" by the troggs during the 9 o clock hour this morning. Still way outside the demo 1966. Im not sure why.

They played "wild thing" by the troggs during the 9 o clock hour this morning. Still way outside the demo 1966. Im not sure why.

Transcends generations...not sure if anyone else has attempted an updated cover, but what would be the point? Now please, don't axe me about Bang 545. YIKES!

Transcends generations...not sure if anyone else has attempted an updated cover, but what would be the point? Now please, don't axe me about Bang 545. YIKES!

... in Phoenix, there is no green grass behind the stadium. But it is hard to find something to rhyme with "haboob".

Reminds me of the the Russian cover of another hit, called "The Day the Proletariat Died.... "Drove my Gremlin to the Kremlin, but the blood it was dry..."

Last edited:

... in Phoenix, there is no green grass behind the stadium. But it is hard to find something to rhyme with "haboob".

Reminds me of the the Russian cover of another hit, called "The Day the Proletariat Died.... "Drove my Gremlin to the Kremlin, but the blood it was dry..."

LMAO Always enjoyed Marx humor (the bros, that is)!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom