• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Beast's rant

Anyone listening Thursday morning to 790 the Ticket probably heard the Beast rant about not doing Sports Talk on a Sports Talk station due to Hurricane Matthew, especially as twitter followers were tweeting for him to do so. It was his belief that the storm was more important than talking about analysis of "high school football" and the like. He wanted people to tweet in locations selling gas, water, and bread and let people know where there was price gouging and kept giving out the 800 number to report it.

There are some who would say that there are other radio news stations that could be tuned in to hear updates on the storm. The Ticket is there for sports talk and some people need a break from all the wall to wall coverage of the Hurricane and should be able to tune into Sports Talk. The Ticket could always give the updated forecast information when the updates occurred every three hours and break in with their TV Partner, Channel 10 on any breaking stories.

What is your opinion of this?

What is he going to talk about? Cancelled high school football games? The LSU/Florida match-up that's NOT taking place on Saturday?

I never could understand "Sports Talk" stations. I mean just how long can you talk about sports anyway?

I never could understand "Sports Talk" stations. I mean just how long can you talk about sports anyway?

Give it a listen some time, perhaps you'll understand its appeal. There's always something to talk about in sports -- at least in national sports like the NFL. Players' scandals being one subject. The fortunes of certain teams, prospective trades, moves, etc., being other subjects covered.

There's plenty they talk about, it's not all statistics and blather. I listen maybe 2-3 times a week to sports talk. I'm not a sports nut, but sometimes it's better than wall to wall politics or hearing the same songs played 50 times a day.

There's always something to talk about in sports.
Players' scandals being one subject....it's not all statistics and blather.
So this Lance Post Office guy wins six Tours de France and then has them all stripped away.
The sportstalk stations got a lot of mileage out of that one.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom