• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRNB went back to 100.3 WRNB

Not trying to be funny, but I had 2 strokes and haven't listened to fm radio since December 2015. I thought 100.3 was old school then, 103.9 was gospel and 107.9 rap. Did they change formats while I was in the hospital and recovery?

Not trying to be funny, but I had 2 strokes and haven't listened to fm radio since December 2015. I thought 100.3 was old school then, 103.9 was gospel and 107.9 rap. Did they change formats while I was in the hospital and recovery?

Basically, Radio One shuffled their entire Philly roster. No major blow ups... just... changes.

Praise 103.9 moved to 107.9 and other than that, was left relatively unchanged.

Boom 107.9 moved to 103.9, and morphed into more... Urban Hot AC instead of Classic Rap.

Then shortly after that 100.3 dropped the "Old School 100.3" name, and morphed back into 100.3 RNB.

I understand wanting to cater to the Urban listener... but I feel like they're painting themselves into a corner. They're getting beat in almost all formats (no real Gospel competition other than AM stations), but what else do they have to flip to to fit the company's image?

Maybe i'm still a little slow on the uptake, but Is Urban AC supposed to be the same as WDAS-FM's format? Wasn't that what 107.3 was before the Boom tryout? Does that mean that Tom Joyner is back or are they still trying to force Ricky Smiley on the masses?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom