• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

W239AP 97.9 on the air

G

Groove1670

I think I heard W239AP 97.9 on the air. No legal ID (could be using FSK for id). Sounds like they are running a direct satellite feed. Signal is good. No co channel issues.

Thanks for posting this. I don't get to Mobile anymore so I can't tell what's going on over there. It's just too far away for me to hear the little translators. I understand the WYFR-LP 89.9 LPFM is on in Fairhope now, too, but I can't hear it either. And of course WJGR-LP at USA.

Come to think of it, no one's confirmed to me that 92.5 is on in Mobile, airing Freedom Radio FM yet, either. It filed a license to cover ages ago. I need to sneak over there and get up to speed on everything.

I traveled thru Mobile Today (Pritchard) No 92.5 and no (WJGR 0n 97.1).

I can confirm that WJGR 97.1 was on the air. I heard mostly currents and 90's titles, and liners "The Jag" in between songs. Signal was poor in downtown, and listenable on the bridge.

I was in Mobile for a few minutes today.
Nothing was on 92.5.
93.3, 97.1, 97.9, and 106.1 were all on the air for the first time that I've heard.
93.3's signal was great. 97.1's signal was just plain pitiful and the music was all bad.

I was in Mobile for a few minutes today.
Nothing was on 92.5.
93.3, 97.1, 97.9, and 106.1 were all on the air for the first time that I've heard.
93.3's signal was great. 97.1's signal was just plain pitiful and the music was all bad.

Guess you're not in the demo for college kid music anymore? ;)

I believe this leaves just 92.5 and 101.1 as the two stations listed as on air but not... Quite a change in the last few months from the translator desert Mobile used to be.

The legend of WTOH will live on in my mind.

Think WHEX 104.7 will make it on air?
Is the Fairhope LPFM on 89.9 or 95.5?

I'm highly skeptical of WHEX ever going on the air. Just a gut feeling. ;)

The license to cover that I saw said 89.9, but I haven't been to the Eastern Shore in ages with a working radio, so I've had no way to check for sure. I don't see any reference to 95.5 anywhere. Those calls always throw me for a loop when I see them. To me, WYFR equals Family Radio's shortwave station in Okeechobee, Florida, which is now WRMI.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom