• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

80s New Wave Station 103.1 The Wave Signs on in Salt Lake

If I'm not mistaken this is the only 80s New Wave station on terrestrial radio in America. Nice to see something different being tried.

How is playing 30 year old songs by these artists (Simple Minds, Pet Shop Boys, REM, U2, The Fixx, Talking Heads, Depeche Mode) "new wave" or different? I took that artist list from their "about us" on their web site.

This is pretty standard 80s fare.

I listened to the station for a few minutes tonight and it is anything but standard 80s fare. Sounded to me like they were playing deep cuts by one hit wonders.

I understand what they're trying to do, but too much (to me) unfamiliar music.

Their format reminds me a lot of Sirius-XM's First Wave. A lot of mainstream 80s New Wave with a few underground or deep cuts mixed in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom