• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

News from Jonathon Brandmeier's website

staggmovie

Star Participant
MAKE RADIO FUN AGAIN
October 4, 2016 28 comments Clip News, Updates
martini-flag-photo-cred-richard-cheese
Bulletin…bulletin…we have a bulletin…Bulletin…bulletin…we have a bulletin…

I always say we’re not here for a long time – we’re here for a good time! And now you know why…

Our syndicated radio deal with Westwood One officially ends in early 2017. They decided not to renew and I completely agree with that decision. I truly believe this is the best move for all involved. It was only a matter of time, and there are no hard feelings.

When I was offered this shot at attempting to “change talk radio”, I couldn’t resist. However, I quickly realized talk radio is not ready to be “unhinged”.

Still, I don’t regret the risk. I met some good people at Westwood One, we picked up new listeners from across this great nation of Murica, and I realized what has always driven me in this business was missing: the spirit of JUST HAVIN’ FUN. It’s time for me to get back to that.

We plan to honor our agreement and continue on the air until it’s officially over – or until they literally pull the plug.

I have no idea what the future holds, but I’m as pumped as ever to create content for the people of earth.

Please do not tell my radio pals Buzz, Gino or Hectorrrrrr…. they will be scared.

I’m Jonathon Brandmeier and I approve this message.

#MakeRadioFunAgain

Not a surprise that he wasn't renewed. I looked up his affiliates list a while ago and it was not impressive at all.

Any idea if his show is continuing on WLS?

I would say I am more then you I haven't looked at the affiliates stations, but was he losing stations? As far as will he remain on WLS I am imagine he will I don't know for sure Larz from Chicagoland Radio and Media is also reporting it, but for some reason he has banned me from looking at stories that he publishes so I would think he would have the answer there. I wonder how the affiliate stations will fill their time slots, as many of them might air only 2 or even 3 hours but not live from 9:00-Noon (central time) but taped delay so that they can air it when they choose to. So at this point i have no idea if his show will stay on WLS, but I can't imagine why he couldn't in less they decide that they no longer want him on their schedule, but he will be only doing 2 hours which will be a big demotion that doing 3 hours even through WLS was only carrying the first 2 hours only.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom