KURS 1040 off the air - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KURS 1040 off the air

Info to me back when KURS signed on was 1040 Cd. Obregon, Mx was the reason only 47 watts was authorized. WHO was intermittent due to
    this Gulf of Ca. station coming in nicely. KURS's coverage was so bad, they applied for a power increase, going from 47 watts, to a whopping 61 watts.
    That helped, but that was not satisfactory, so it was set up to switch back to full power within 1 hour or so after sunset.
    Quetzel was fined, I believe $20k for that incident, and appealed for a reduction, but did not pay up til next license renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Big 121 View Post
    Info to me back when KURS signed on was 1040 Cd. Obregon, Mx was the reason only 47 watts was authorized.
    Obregón is not on the Gulf of California. I think you are confusing the station that was in Guaymas with, theoretically, 1 kw day and 250 w night. It's gone now with the reduction in AM stations across Mexico.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

I noticed yesterday KURS 1040 is back on the air, with a Spanish-language format.

Quote Originally Posted by Signal Geek View Post
    I noticed yesterday KURS 1040 is back on the air, with a Spanish-language format.
    KURS filed an application yesterday to sell the station for $900,000.00. The buyer is EL SEMBRADOR MINISTRIES.

Listen carefully, you can now hear 1240 crosstalk on 1040. May be a result of 1240 re-wiring for the new FM translator.

Quote Originally Posted by Frequency1 View Post
    KURS filed an application yesterday to sell the station for $900,000.00. The buyer is EL SEMBRADOR MINISTRIES.
    Buyer was credited $310,000 for half their previous LMA fees and security deposit, bringing the actual purchase price to just under $600k. What's hard to sort out is ownership of the tall tower used to diplex 10~Forty & 12~Forty. Is it Multicultural or Crawford? You'd think Crawford's purchase price of $1.5m would include the real estate. Stay leased, San Diego.
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

Cage free consultancy makes for more natural advice. Plus Nurse Jeff is certified hormone free!

Quote Originally Posted by Frequency1 View Post
    Sounds like they'll be sowing some money in Bonilla's pocket book. It is a rare sensible decision from the guy whose most recent wacky media dealings include taking over an operating radio station.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12