• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WPBQ ditches medical talk

JeffSteele

Frequent Participant
WPBQ (1240 AM) has ditched medical talk for urban gospel--and is now nicknamed The Voice of the People.

Recently, the station has gained a translator: W232DD (94.3 FM).

I cannot pick up the station where I live. This evening, I was driving in Jackson and wanted to hear the evening news. Instead, there was music playing, so I turned to WSJC 810, which was picking up remarkably well.

Jeff, are you sure that this music is "urban gospel"? It sounds more like R & B to me.

This station has had several formats since it began. At first, it was sports. Then it became a talk station which, as I recall, carried Oliver North's station. Mary Weeden also had a local talk show every afternoon for thirty minutes. Then, it returned to sports (I think?). Then it returned back to another talk station, carrying Laura Ingraham in the morning and another well-known talk show in the afternoon. Now it is music. Is all that correct?

Jeff, are you sure that this music is "urban gospel"? It sounds more like R & B to me.

This station has had several formats since it began. At first, it was sports. Then it became a talk station which, as I recall, carried Oliver North's station. Mary Weeden also had a local talk show every afternoon for thirty minutes. Then, it returned to sports (I think?). Then it returned back to another talk station, carrying Laura Ingraham in the morning and another well-known talk show in the afternoon. Now it is music. Is all that correct?

I'm guessing WPBQ has a format wheel that's still spinning.

I didn't know it was medical talk, aside from the Dead Doctors Don't Lie show. I thought they were airing Mancow Miller and Alex Jones.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom