WPBQ ditches medical talk

Thread: WPBQ ditches medical talk

Exclamation WPBQ ditches medical talk

WPBQ (1240 AM) has ditched medical talk for urban gospel--and is now nicknamed The Voice of the People.

Recently, the station has gained a translator: W232DD (94.3 FM).

I cannot pick up the station where I live. This evening, I was driving in Jackson and wanted to hear the evening news. Instead, there was music playing, so I turned to WSJC 810, which was picking up remarkably well.

Jeff, are you sure that this music is "urban gospel"? It sounds more like R & B to me.

This station has had several formats since it began. At first, it was sports. Then it became a talk station which, as I recall, carried Oliver North's station. Mary Weeden also had a local talk show every afternoon for thirty minutes. Then, it returned to sports (I think?). Then it returned back to another talk station, carrying Laura Ingraham in the morning and another well-known talk show in the afternoon. Now it is music. Is all that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by danfling View Post
    Jeff, are you sure that this music is "urban gospel"? It sounds more like R & B to me.

This station has had several formats since it began. At first, it was sports. Then it became a talk station which, as I recall, carried Oliver North's station. Mary Weeden also had a local talk show every afternoon for thirty minutes. Then, it returned to sports (I think?). Then it returned back to another talk station, carrying Laura Ingraham in the morning and another well-known talk show in the afternoon. Now it is music. Is all that correct?
    I'm guessing WPBQ has a format wheel that's still spinning.

I didn't know it was medical talk, aside from the Dead Doctors Don't Lie show. I thought they were airing Mancow Miller and Alex Jones.

Had a chance to listen a little today. They play Rip Daniels in the morning and we're playing R&B music this afternoon.

Tower Site ???

Quote Originally Posted by golden eagles97 View Post
    Had a chance to listen a little today. They play Rip Daniels in the morning and we're playing R&B music this afternoon.
    the fm was coming in great, in the parking lot @ walmart on 18 (SW Jxn)

Radio-Locator.com indicates it's on Kerr Dr., which is off Hwy. 80 just east of Valley St.