• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WJQS

Yesterday, the station seemed the same. I heard Chaka Khan's version of Prince's "I Feel for You" among other things.

However, last night, the station seemed to be playing a different type of music. It sound like Yes or Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.

Today, although I have heard James Taylor's "Mexico," the music still sounds different. I heard a Blood, Sweat, and Tears song that used profanity.

The music seems to be different, but only at times. "Disco Inferno" is playing now.

I listen to the station on occasion, but it seems to me that they're getting away from the 50s and 60s and concentrating on 70s and 80s. It's starting to sound like an AM version of 105.1 the River.

I listen to the station on occasion, but it seems to me that they're getting away from the 50s and 60s and concentrating on 70s and 80s. It's starting to sound like an AM version of 105.1 the River.

I occasionally listen to Oldies 1400. Yes, it does have '80s music from time to time, but (I think) it's still oldies.

Hey all -

I believe that WJMF-LPTV was first licensed on Channel 6 with audio on 87.75 MHz in March, 2011, very shortly after WJQS 1400 AM had already flipped to Oldies (from its business talk format).

--- Casual Observer

If only you knew the facts ..............

Why don't you enlighten us Gary? Casual Observer is right - WJQS switched to oldies in February, 2011 when the business talk format didn't pan out and the station owner had to take it over. I know - I was the one that flipped the switch.

It had NOTHING to do with WJMF-LPTV going on the air with an oldies format - I'm sure of that.

RFB

Why don't you enlighten us Gary? Casual Observer is right - WJQS switched to oldies in February, 2011 when the business talk format didn't pan out and the station owner had to take it over. I know - I was the one that flipped the switch.

It had NOTHING to do with WJMF-LPTV going on the air with an oldies format - I'm sure of that.

RFB

Did't they also have some "type of QVC" selling discount coupons for a while ?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom