XEGM 950 Tijuana

Thread: XEGM 950 Tijuana

XEGM 950 Tijuana

Anybody know exactly how this station operates, power ,number of towers ,DA pattern, etc.

I see where some sources say they have 3 towers at 17 kw plus what looks like a booster on 950 that is Non DA at 2.5 kw ,is this correct ? If so ,why the booster ?
    It seems the 17kw ( 3 towers ) would do the trick.

Anybody know more ,I looked at radio-locator and FCC site but I'm still confused.

Al

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by alok View Post
    Anybody know exactly how this station operates, power ,number of towers ,DA pattern, etc.

I see where some sources say they have 3 towers at 17 kw plus what looks like a booster on 950 that is Non DA at 2.5 kw ,is this correct ? If so ,why the booster ?
    It seems the 17kw ( 3 towers ) would do the trick.

Anybody know more ,I looked at radio-locator and FCC site but I'm still confused.

Al
    The station has been XEKAM for many, many years and is licensed as 20 kw daytime and 5 kw at night. There is no booster listed on the IFT listing of AM stations.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

The station has been XEKAM for many, many years and is licensed as 20 kw daytime and 5 kw at night. There is no booster listed on the IFT listing of AM stations.
    At least since the late 80s, and since you can go 20 years between documents in the RPC, potentially as early as the 70s.

I would not suspect a booster *at all*. Mexican AMs don't do that.

The most recent concession renewal was a 12-year extension in 2004 that expired this year (along with some 200 stations) but will almost certainly be renewed: http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/PRORROGA2_41888.pdf