• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Who do you think will replace Michael Strahan and why?

Who do you think replace Michael Strahan as now he has started on Good Morning America and his last broadcast with Live with Kelly and Michael was on May 13, 2016 and he debuted as the co-host on September 4th, 2012. And so far here are the people that have been rotated on this the second era of Live with Kelly Jimmy Kimmel, Jussie Smollett, Cedric the Entertainer, David Muir, Daniel Dae Kim, Fred Savage, Seal, Andy Cohen, Common, Anderson Cooper, Mark Consuelos, D.L. Hughley, Joel McHale, Ryan Seacrest, Alec Baldwin, Morris Chestnut, Jerry O'Connell, Kevin Hart, John Leguizamo, Josh Groban, Jim Parsons, Dwyane Wade, Guillermo Diaz, Carrie Ann Inaba, Keegan-Michael Key, Tony Goldwyn, Taye Diggs, Christian Slater and Alan Cumming. And here are the names that include the ones that guest co-hosted with Kelly in the first era before Michael Strahan was fired Reggie Bush, Kyle MacLachlan, Russell Brand, Howie Mandel, Carl Edwards, Chris Harrison, Daniel Radcliffe, Michael Buckley, Michael Catherwood, Rob Lowe, Martin Short, Neil Patrick Harris, Peter Facinelli, Boomer Esiason, Ben Mulroney, Dan Abrams, Rob Thomas, David Duchovny, Pat Kiernan, Derek Hough, D. L. Hughley, Jesse Palmer, Carson Kressley, Carrie Ann Inaba, Mark Feuerstein, Jim Parsons, Nick Lachey, Jonah Hill, Michael Strahan, Apolo Anton Ohno, Joel McHale, Cat Deeley, Tyler Perry, Andy Cohen, Alec Baldwin, Josh Groban, Jerry O'Connell, Seth Meyers, Mike Greenberg, Kristin Chenoweth, Andy Samberg, Mark Consuelos, Lucy Liu, Taye Diggs, Randy Jackson, Mario Lopez, Matthew Broderick, Mary J. Blige, Ed Robertson, Michael Bublé, Matthew Morrison, Kevin Jonas, Tony Potts, Dana Carvey, Jimmy Kimmel, Kim Kardashian, L.A. Reid, Bryant Gumbel, Daniel Dae Kim, and Sam Champion. Are there are any names for the first era that you like to see come back, and do it again or even be considered and some point to become the new co-host. All I can hope that whoever that will replace Michael Strahan as the co-host of the show, does't live Live before Kelly does. And you would have thought that Kelly Ripa would have left the show first since she has been with the show since early 2001 before September 11th, 2001 happened.

I thought Strahan left Kelly for a better paying job on Good Morning America. I never saw any reference to his being fired.

It was a natural move for Michael. Bigger stage. More money. Didn't have to move cities. He wasn't fired. The whole issue was that Kelly supposedly was not informed of his decision and was in a snit about it. She got her bump to executive producer role on Live! in the end though so everybody seems happy although Gelman probably bought lots of anti-acids along the way.

Ryan Seacrest Named ‘Live With Kelly’ Co-Host

Ryan Seacrest has been named co-host on Live With Kelly, sharing the stage with Kelly Ripa. On the show Monday, Seacrest said he and Ripa have been friends for a long time.

“I couldn’t be more excited to be here with you,” he told her.

Before the announcement, Ripa made a point of thanking the many individuals who sat as co-hosts alongside her in the past year.

Ripa had been paired with Regis Philbin and then Michael Strahan. Philbin departed in 2011, and Strahan announced last spring that he was shifting to Good Morning America.

The show is now called Live With Kelly and Ryan.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/programming/ryan-seacrest-named-live-kelly-co-host/165413

Seacrest will continue hosting and executive producing his morning-drive radio show On Air with Ryan Seacrest for iHeartMedia’s KIIS-FM, as well as a nationally-syndicated Top 40 radio show. To accommodate that, New York’s ABC7, home of Live with Kelly and Ryan, will house a brand-new iHeartRadio studio for Seacrest’s New York City location.

Last edited:
When Michael was a co-host I used to tune in frequently.

After Michael left I used to tune in very occasionally.

Now that Ryan is a permanent co-host I won't tune in at all.

Sounds like KIIS in LA will get their morning show in VT form.

Which is exactly how it has been for years. No change, just a different studio and, perhaps, a different recording schedule.

Unless you get a sex change, I don't see them caring one bit. This is a ladies show.

I really don't watch it much because of being on in the daytime while I'm working but I think that daytime TV would be better with more celebrity talk shows like Live and food shows like The Chew and none of the trash talk like Springer and courtroom shows.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom