• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WILD

No, that's ancient history. This was in today's FCC CDBS. An application for Assignment of License of WILD. Not sure, but I think it's to the people who presently LMA the station. I do know that some of the stations owned by the applicant run that sort of format.

The above being said, I think if you do get into the above site at some point, you may go over it in detail and find that Radio One is planning to keep the "WILD" calls. Since they have no other properties in Boston, look for them to turn up elsewhere such as DC. Just MOHO.

OK I got in via Microsoft Edge and saw form; Radio Boston Broadcasters, though based in Calif the assignee and name at the end was James Su. Indeed maybe those who were LMA-ing it are applying for license/purchasing it etc...

Scott Fybush's North East Radio Watch today (fybush.com) does confirm the group that had been leasing WILD has applied to purchase it.

OK what is a 5KW (approx) Daytimer, with a Critical Hours issue, that does not own it's tower, with nothing of value as far as real estate, physical plant, or "goodwill" worth?

They just sold off the one thing that would have made them worth something, the Translator CP for 106.1 and they got a reported 400K for that.

Cripes is 1090 worth 400K?

OK what is a 5KW (approx) Daytimer, with a Critical Hours issue, that does not own it's tower, with nothing of value as far as real estate, physical plant, or "goodwill" worth?

They just sold off the one thing that would have made them worth something, the Translator CP for 106.1 and they got a reported 400K for that.

Cripes is 1090 worth 400K?

Part of the deal was that the lease payments for a considerable period of time were being applied to the purchase price. So the cash part of the deal is rather low.

Let's look at about the highest valuation I know of which was the the aquisition of "The Beat" in LA... the allocation appeared to be about $400 million. Of that, the studios were leased, the transmitter site was leased, and the equipment and furnishings and vehicles could not be worth more than around $1 million. So the rest was the value of the license and goodwill.

Yes post above by TheOtherBigJohn mentioned R1 was going to keep the calls.Move or park them elsewhere?

CBS parked the WBCN calls on 1660 in Charlotte "to keep another Boston station from getting them"(Wiki).Beasley got the station as part of a trade, in late 2014. Beasley is buying Greater.Hmm..

Last edited:

It also has a half-hour "PSSA" (Post-Sunset Authority) to operate at low power for a half-hour after sunset. I haven't been listening lately, but I used to hear it in its last years of the old Soul/R&B format.

After that ended, the automated controls just completely dropped the carrier when the automation was in the middle of a song, or even in the middle of a paid spot, without any sign-off announcement, station ID, or anything.

WILD purchase price is $888,326.16 and an assumption of $348,326.00 in debt that Radio One owes to Vertical Bridge (Towers) presumably for rent of the Medford 1430 stick. Unclear to me if the $348k is part of the $888k or in addition to it. And for a real kicker, see the very last page of the APA on the FCC application on the FCC site. It speaks of the translator where Radio One has options to use the W231BI (to be 106.1) translator! That last page appears to be a VERY recent afterthought. Let's have the RD-Team figure this one out!!

It's the end for WILD 1090! Lock it out of your radio presets, because it's over! By the way, did you know that you can't listen to any of the Greater Media radio stations here in Boston unless you register with their stations?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom