• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WABC - Do you have to shout?

And they're not going to change their approach to everyone because you want it a different way.

That's not necessarily true.

About 8 years ago I suggested on a forum that I thought it was disrespectful and counterproductive for a local talk show host to constantly refer to the newly elected president as, "the guy." And you know what? He stopped it! Maybe he read the post - maybe it was coincidence.

But don't you think it's possible that Mr. Morano might happen to read my post, listen back to the podcast and think, "Yeah, maybe this is a bit abrasive?"

I think you underestimate the potential influence of a public forum like this one, and flippant replies like, "If you don't like it, don't listen," serve no purpose I can see.

I think you underestimate the potential influence of a public forum like this one, and flippant replies like, "If you don't like it, don't listen," serve no purpose I can see.

How long have you been on this particular rant? Has WABC changed? I rest my case.

Lots of people wish Trump would become more "presidential." Has he? You either like him or you don't. Radio is that way too.

Radio responds to ratings. Not listening is a way to vote. It also relieves the pain you seem to have from the shouting. And as we have pointed out, there ARE alternatives. Lots of them.

BTW, Frank Morano is hosting the former Gambling slot this morning and doing a superb job of handling the breaking news about the NYC bombings. He sounds confident, professional, passionate and completely in control. Hosts can and do have a range.

What's the topic of this thread?

The topic is SHOUTING, and WABC just happens to have ramped it up lately. You should hear Curtis & Kuby at this very moment! :-0

You know, rather than having you lecture me to change my listening habits, I'd like to hear how you feel about people yelling into the microphone so hard that the preamps go into severe clipping. Do you find that enjoyable? If so, why?

Is this like the guy who incessantly bangs his head against the wall and when asked why he does it, he replies "Because it feels so good when I stop." ??

Not really, it's all good except the shouting. Plus, I like to actually listen to stuff I comment on, not just tell others to turn it off. The latter, in the words of the late Crazy Eddie, is INSANE!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom