• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rock 100.5 Morning Show

Jason Bailey and SSS were commenting this morning that they think that Cumulus will be pulling the plug on their morning show after this week. Apparently, they were yanked off of the Rock 100.5 social media accounts.

Anyone know anything about that?

Would this be a reaction to Kaedy and her music-centric show moving to PM drive, and the River doing something different for mornings?

Or--as a long shot--a return of The Regular Guy (since it's only Larry right now)?

EXCELLENT news. Jason Bailey is a nice guy the others are so so TIRED. Their schtick is just so old and lame now. Classic hits hopefully. I saw where 790 WQXI might be bringing oldies from their glory days back to 790.

They need to get that translator on 101.1 up and running before they switch 790 over. I've noticed it's been down for over a month.

That's what happens when you buy your transmitter off of Ebay.

They need to get that translator on 101.1 up and running before they switch 790 over. I've noticed it's been down for over a month.

Has this translator ever been moved from the stone mountain site to the Sheppards street site? The Stone Mountain site looks good on paper but doesn't always work as well as one would think. 101.1 is about to get very crowded with WLJA's construction permit to move to the Pickens - Gilmer line area just of 515:

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?sr=Y&s=C&call=wlja&nav=&x=0&y=0

Last edited:
They made mention at the end of the show today that they were headed to a meeting with the executives directly after the show. They also made mention again that their social media page had been removed.

A 40% pay cut (if true) is hard to accept. I wonder why Cumulus would even make such an offer. If the show is not making money, crushing the on air staff's ego will not improve their performance and ratings. I thought we were going to see the "kinder more gentle" style of management now that the Dickeys were gone.

WLJA coming in good at spaghetti junction area.
Any radio show HAS to AT LEAST make their salaries back in spot sales revenue. OTHERWISE, you're into negative cash flow (not good).
Social media page removed to keep disgruntled thoughts from entering the web.

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be little promotion on Cumulus's part for Rock 100.5. So will they or won't they be back on the air next week? Their Facebook page is still up!

They were still chit-chatting about getting fired, this time mentioning that they had been removed from the Twitter account over the weekend. Now it's beginning to sound like some kind of stunt.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom