• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Joe at Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidEduardo

Moderator/Administrator
Staff member
This report sounds like Joe in action...

"Roy Henderson’s Form 316 (reorganization) applications to transfer some Michigan licenses to his new “N Content Marketing LLC” normally wouldn’t faze anybody at the Commission. But just as Houston’s New Beginnings Fellowship Church objected to Henderson’s application to buy a Texas station (KJJB Eagle Lake at 95.3), it’s also filing informal objections over his Form 316 apps for WARD Petoskey/750 and WLDR-FM Traverse City/101.9. The church group claims Henderson “is trying to hide his assets in sham LLC’s” and asks the FCC to deny “all of his applications.” No response filed yet by Henderson."

It's a shame when pirates who don't get what they want can disrupt the normal regulatory process and affect the lives and careers of all the people who work for a licensed broadcaster.

I believe you have an unnecessary question mark included in your writing.

Good grief, I've found myself Marioed.

Yessir, it appears the battle front has made it's way to Michigan. Joe is a whole lot more than your typical "pirate", Señor. I have no doubt that you are well aware of it. The simple piracy was left in the rearview, way back there.

You do understand that this is the guy who just singlehandedly took down KIPS-LD, stopped the KROY transfer, held up the KUHA transfer, received a permit to move, relicense, & operate a Woodville TV station from his Neyland tower site, and regularly visits with Commissioners in Washington? A normal, run of the mill pirate wouldn't stand a snowball's chance if they tried to accomplish what he already has.

It's borderline scary.

Oh wow! Chalk that one up to not being hip enough to keep up with the youngster slang.

I felt I had sonehow channeled my innermost "Mario500", with my statement. I certainly didn't mean that!

This report sounds like Joe in action...

[blah, blah, blah...Roy Henderson, Michigan, conspiracy, black helicopters...blah, blah, blah]

It's a shame when pirates who don't get what they want can disrupt the normal regulatory process and affect the lives and careers of all the people who work for a licensed broadcaster.

All of this begs the question, are you on Roy Henderson's payroll, Davido? After all, Michigan is a -long- way from Texas.

All of this begs the question, are you on Roy Henderson's payroll, Davido? After all, Michigan is a -long- way from Texas.

I have never met Roy, and the closest I have come to him would be having worked as a summer fill-in at WCCW in Traverse City about 55 years ago.

Robertsez,

That is an ad hominem attack. Not permitted here. I'm giving you a seven day vacation.

Does it have a field for stalker? I think Davido has a "thing" for Joe.

It's the same "thing" I had in the 70's for the United Church of Christ and Lorenzo Milam: disruptive elements who do vastly more harm than good, masking themselves as guardians of the public interest.

Well Joe's right on a lot of things. I certainly don't agree with everything he's done, but standing up for what's right by filing objections is something everyone seems afraid to do except him.

Mouse, below every recent post I have a signature that is a twist to the AA saying about accepting things you can't change.

Your bias and prejudice and ignorance are all showing. Your mangled quote is not some frikkin' "saying". It is part of the Serenity Prayer which has brought comfort to millions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_Prayer

Alcoholics Anonymous does indeed use the Serenity Prayer as an inspirational message to its members, David. He has twisted the words to reflect his own mindset, but he is accurate in that it is used as "an AA saying".

I believe you have an unnecessary question mark included in your writing.

Good grief, I've found myself Marioed.

Yessir, it appears the battle front has made it's way to Michigan. Joe is a whole lot more than your typical "pirate", Señor. I have no doubt that you are well aware of it. The simple piracy was left in the rearview, way back there.

You do understand that this is the guy who just singlehandedly took down KIPS-LD, stopped the KROY transfer, held up the KUHA transfer, received a permit to move, relicense, & operate a Woodville TV station from his Neyland tower site, and regularly visits with Commissioners in Washington? A normal, run of the mill pirate wouldn't stand a snowball's chance if they tried to accomplish what he already has.

It's borderline scary.

Joe was not involved in the Woodville station move until after it got re-licensed to Houston. That was a hopper that was planned years ago.

Joe was not involved in the Woodville station move until after it got re-licensed to Houston. That was a hopper that was planned years ago.

Which ended up broadcasting from Neyland, C-Dub. Did so as KAHO-LD Aldine. It may have been planned years ago, but I bet you the plan never foresaw Joe coming. That was my point. It's on idle, waiting for something to happen regarding KZHO-LD. Once it does, channel 4 will be the new home of "Joe FM". It ended up hopping onto his lillypad; he may not have moved it by himself, but he's going to be the proprietor reaping the rewards from it.

Last edited:
So, is this an informal fallacy, a genetic fallacy or fallacies of irrelevance?
Or, it could just be an association fallacy where all parties speaking or witting
thereof are the fallacy.

So, is this an informal fallacy, a genetic fallacy or fallacies of irrelevance?
Or, it could just be an association fallacy where all parties speaking or witting
thereof are the fallacy.

Speaking of fallaciousness...

SAVVY!

Mouse, below every recent post I have a signature that is a twist to the AA saying about accepting things you can't change. That defeatist attitude doesn't work for me. I don't give up. I hound and pound until changes are made. There's an old saying about the squeaky wheel is first to get the grease!

:cool: There is also a old saying the squeaky wheel is the "first one to be replaced"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom