• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KZPS Technical Problem

It was mentioned over on Facebook that KZPS had some sort of issue late Friday night into Saturday morning. Something about a whole bunch of sweepers playing back-to-back after a stop set and then dead air later on. Anyone know what happened?

R

Probably their automation messing up. I imagine it was fixed.
Hey and the pirate station on 89.1 in Austin has been dead air all night. Figured I'd mention it LOL because the Austin board never gets any activity.

well, most stations are automated during the night hours to save the company money, but then again, KZPS Lone Star 92.5 is IHeartMedia (Formerly Clear Channel) owned, in fact IHeartMedia is one of those companies that depend on night time automation due to trying to save money due to being a greedy heartless company which is ironically named with the word heart in it's name.

Playback computer probably lost the music library or the scheduler messed up. I'm a bit surprised and slightly impressed they just don't pipe in iHeart's national Classic Rock feed overnight.

Edit: I actually wonder if that isn't what happened, maybe for whatever reason it didn't switch over to the satellite feed and just ran out. Running liners back to back sounds like random filler that is thrown into the end of a log.

Last edited:
Most likely someone forgot to load the music log for sat. Because of that, only the spots and sweepers played until they ran out. Then dead air because it will not move forward to the next day until it actually occurs. Oops.

Playback computer probably lost the music library or the scheduler messed up. I'm a bit surprised and slightly impressed they just don't pipe in iHeart's national Classic Rock feed overnight.

Edit: I actually wonder if that isn't what happened, maybe for whatever reason it didn't switch over to the satellite feed and just ran out. Running liners back to back sounds like random filler that is thrown into the end of a log.

I don't think that Premium Choice is a sat feed. It's music and generic voicetracks and the station adds its spots and imaging for the dayparts they carry.

What this sounds like is the music merge got messed up so you ended up with a log of all spots.

I don't think that Premium Choice is a sat feed. It's music and generic voicetracks and the station adds its spots and imaging for the dayparts they carry.

What this sounds like is the music merge got messed up so you ended up with a log of all spots.

That makes sense, I've seen traffic and music log programs do all sorts of wacky things.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom