• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Z100 stream different than Terrestrial signal

Skynet74

Walk of Fame Participant
It's 4AM. For two hours I've been listening to Z100 via XM/Sirius radio. I assume they are airing the true terrestrial signal. However the internet stream doesn't match at all. I'm not talking delay. At least that would be acceptable. I'm talking about ZERO content matching. Same thing with KISS FM Los Angeles. Is this an iHeart thing? I just find it strange.

Yes, iHeart runs different programming overnight on many of the streams of their terrestrial music stations. Usually it's morning show reruns. That saves some royalty money.

From what I've been able to ascertain, from 1AM to 5AM (local time) some (not all) of the iHeart station streams run either:

as mentioned by gr8oldies, morning show reruns (I've heard the Elvis Duran show on some streams) or

a national, generic feed depending on format.

At first I was thinking it would be the "Hit Nation" feed (for CHR) or "Soft Rock" feed (or similar for AC),
but usually there's too many recurrents and "classic hits (so to speak)" on the overnight streams in both formats to be either of the more current-based national feeds/streams.
They're likely custom streams that run in the overnights and don't seem to be available via the iHeart streaming platform.

The Classic Rock station streams usually use the Doc Reno voice-tracked national feed that also appears on-air in that time period - otherwise I've occasionally heard the more generic "Classic Rock" feed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom