• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

K-Hits and Michael Jackson

KayJayJay

Don't forget that a is one person's opinion of what is or what is not worth replying to, just like everybody has an opinion of what station/shows/music that is or is not worth listening to. Now if my posts are not even worthy of a reply, then why does this have 2 pages of a reply, which if things continue to go the way they are going, they will be 3 and more pages of replies, when a lot of other posts don't even have a reply. Now I wonder if the person that said my posts aren't worthy of a reply, now if he or she had that directed to them would they like it? I would doubt he or she would care one way or another, but I can agree that it is great to passion for radio. As I am sure the a lot of us have our favorite station or even stations you like to listen to to begin your day, like even a day that you have to go to work you mention having a favorite show to listen to on morning drive before going to work, or whatever actives you might have planned for the day that doesn't involve listening to the radio much during the day. Another thing it is great if you are retired and you can pretty much spend the day doing whatever you want the doesn't involve going to work full time or at all for a pay check. And I am glad that both of you and I have a passion for radio where we have our favorite radio stations to listen to whether it be a music station. But don't forget that there are a lot of music stations that has djs that are on the air at certain points one the day which includes more of the time weekdays up until at least over night where they have djs that are on the air, and they look at the songs that are on the station's playlist and they choose songs to play while they are on the air.. The only shockless station that I am aware of off the top of my head is Me TV FM 87.7. And I agree radio does need more fans and what is great that even in Chicago there are [lenty of stations to listen to even say if a certain station has nay on fire hosts that people might not like, but still there are certain people that might claim to hate a show host, and they go on the station's Facebook page, and complain about then when they could do the most simplest thing and not listen.

But don't forget that there are a lot of music stations that has djs that are on the air at certain points one the day which includes more of the time weekdays up until at least over night where they have djs that are on the air, and they look at the songs that are on the station's playlist and they choose songs to play while they are on the air..

First, consider the use of that thing called the paragraph. Your post was very hard to read for lack of same.

Second, the DJs on 99% of radio stations do not pick the songs. The music is very precisely scheduled by the program director or someone with that authority; in many companies deviating from the music log is a firing offense.

So you must have been able to read it since you did pick out

Second, the DJs on 99% of radio stations do not pick the songs. The music is very precisely scheduled by the program director or someone with that authority; in many companies deviating from the music log is a firing offense.

Yeah but still they have yo get to pick out songs that are on the station's play list to play whether they are on the air, but if anything I am sure that they want to keep their jobs and if they are fired it is normally because of ratings, or if the station's program director decides that that dj's services are no longer needed. Like remember before Dave Fogel came on board at K-Hits the original morning drive hosts were Eddie and Jobo, and the station that Dave Fogel used to be on was WLS, before they got him out and brought back in Brant Miller who he had replaced. Right now in radio, you either have a job or you don't.

So you must have been able to read it since you did pick out

But it was a very hard read. I "pick out (sic)" the only part of the post that made any sense.

I assume you post with the intent to have your thoughts read. In that case, you might make an effort to better organize your thoughts into less rambling sentences and divide them into paragraphs.

Yeah but still they have yo get to pick out songs that are on the station's play list to play whether they are on the air,

No, they don't. The music log is on the stations digital storage system which brings up the next-to-play song automatically. DJs don't pick from a list... they play what the log tells them to play.

A lot of effort goes into the scheduling of music each day for flow, texture, horizontal and vertical rotation, artist protection, tempo, music test scores, etc. The announce staff is not allowed to mess with that work.

Right now in radio, you either have a job or you don't.

That is true in any industry or profession.

Last edited:
DavidEduardo

All I can say you must work in radio to be know what goes on behind the scenes or know somebody that does, and if you say you don't then I think you are lying.

DavidEduardo

All I can say you must work in radio to be know what goes on behind the scenes or know somebody that does, and if you say you don't then I think you are lying.

Yes, I work in radio and have for a few years now. But the things I have posted in response to your comments are fairly common knowledge.

Quite a few of the posters here are radio professionals at all different levels, making this a great place to learn how stations work. There will generally always be someone to answer your questions.

Is there something wrong with working in radio that would make someone lie about being in the business?

Last edited:
Retirement if you are of age

And what post was this a response to?

(People often make retirement decisions based not on age but desire/need to work vs. a retirement lifestyle)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom