• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KBXD 1480 is back

They returned to the air sometime yesterday afternoon playing Indian pop. No announcers or spots. The TOH ID is the same as before, with the native-Spanish speaker in English.

The signal seems a bit stronger than before.

I wonder if this is a permanent flip. I wouldn't think this station would fare well against 104.9...
(Or 700, or 1110, or how many are we up to now?!)

I wonder if this is a permanent flip. I wouldn't think this station would fare well against 104.9...
(Or 700, or 1110, or how many are we up to now?!)

Good question. Maybe there's a subtle difference between the formats that my untrained ear doesn't understand. Certainly the population is here if they can pick the right format.

I am sure KBDX is brokering time. In that case, competition only matters to the entity buying the time. Likely they have a client that is about to go live and they're giving them a few days at no charge to build a little interest. Pretty much how my station does it, once the contract is signed and check cleared, they go on the air for the rest of the month with the paying beginning at the 1st of the month. This might be their only account at the moment or they may have leased the entire broadcast day to one client.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom