• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Globe:Dennis' days at WEEI mornings, numbered?

the most interesting line in that whole article is that WEEI wants to keep him because he voices spots for a sponsor.

Now, not being a listener I have no idea who he is hawking, but it must be a major advertiser that Entercom is afraid will walk, or want to renegotiate the contract if Callahan is not the guy voicing their spots.

I have been told that one of the reasons one of the WMJX air staff is secure in their position is that a major advertiser won't buy unless it is a certain talent in a certain daypart.

It seems to me that the only leverage one has with their employers in this business is the relationship with a major client.

Good riddance. I couldn't imagine a more miserable or worthless human being. His rambling questions with 25 cent words revealed a man deeply uncomfortable with himself. Always had to prove something and you cannot find a former co-worker who liked him.

I like Dino, but if this leads to less golf talk, I'm all for it.

It seems like the last 2-3 weeks when I've bothered to tune in, the show's topic is nonsense about the show, and not sports.

Ent. announced he will immediately step away from morning show due to health concerns (reduce workload under advice from doctor) tho he will take part in the Jimmy Fund Radiothon.He will continue to have a role at the station and be part of their family.Mornings will be Callahan and Minihan.

Last edited:
Here's a link to a story from Chad Finn on the announcement

Hmmm Sobriety Health related perhaps?

It is hard to maintain sobriety when you are under stress.

and that is not a joke, or a slam, it is truth.

Maybe he decided clean and sober is better than being a morning show host

Back in the 80's I worked with a young John Dennis who was then a sports reporter at the old WNAC TV 7.

He sat in for Jerry Williams at WRKO when Jerry was out with a kidney stone attack.

Have to say of all the fill-in's who tried to sit in Jerry Williams' chair John Dennis was the brightest and most informed. Perhaps, his career took a wrong turn and he should step away from sports broadcasting exclusively.

My impression of him was that he was an intelligent and thoughtful person.

Good riddance. I couldn't imagine a more miserable or worthless human being. His rambling questions with 25 cent words revealed a man deeply uncomfortable with himself. Always had to prove something and you cannot find a former co-worker who liked him.

I don't know John Dennis, but I'd say that's rather harsh, not to mention cowardly unless you actually post your real name.

Ch 5 runs an interview Maria Stephanos did with John Dennis tonight ( Friday Aug 26th) at 7:00pm. The promo says Dennis will discuss his controversial career. Maria asks him about his darkest days.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom