• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

900 WURD going to FM?

Found this little nugget buried in AllAccess' daily roundup from a couple of days ago:

"The STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK is selling W222AT/HAMILTON, NY to WURD RADIO, LLC for $75,000; the primary station is listed as SUNY-OSWEGO noncommercial WRVO/OSWEGO, NY, but the buyer owns News-Talk WURD-A/PHILADELPHIA and the contract notes that the buyer plans to move the translator under the AM Revitalization 250-mile rule."

Source: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...-college-finds-buyer-for#sthash.QcFTXzRV.dpuf

W222AT is currently at 92.3 which won't fly in Philly. Anyone have the info as to where on the FM dial this may end up?

They determine the dial position AFTER they buy the translator. The Philadelphia dial is crowded but the rules for a 250 watt translator are fairly loose, even if it may block a distant station that can be heard in Philadelphia.

Station is to be located o 96.1 on a rooftop in Germantown, but you probably already knew that. :)

WDAS-AM is also applying for a translator move-in under the AM revitalization rules. They are planning to buy W257DR on 99.3 in Harrisonburg, VA and move it to Philly on 102.5. (This could be interesting give that WRFY in Reading covers the northwest pretty well.) Also, WNPV in Lansdale is looking to purchase W300CW on 107.9 in Toms River, NJ from WYRS and moving it to Lansdale on 98.5.

WDAS-AM is also applying for a translator move-in under the AM revitalization rules. They are planning to buy W257DR on 99.3 in Harrisonburg, VA and move it to Philly on 102.5. (This could be interesting give that WRFY in Reading covers the northwest pretty well.) Also, WNPV in Lansdale is looking to purchase W300CW on 107.9 in Toms River, NJ from WYRS and moving it to Lansdale on 98.5.

Ooooh. Didn't know of those!

Also, was it just rumor, or truth that a while back WRFY had to power down a bit because their signal hit Philly too well and essentially put CC over the ownership limit? I remember that swirling around the boards for a little bit

I read that somewhere several years ago. How true it is I am not sure.

The W300CW deal to WNPV has happened, according to Radio Insight. Any word on WXPM-LPFM 98.5 Phoenixville?

WXPM isn't on the air yet...or at least it wasn't as of last week when I was in Phoenixville.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom