• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

60 Minutes and CBS News

Does anyone here know if any station in the Tampa area broadcasts the audio from 60 Minutes and/or the CBS evening news? In the Boston area WBZ(AM) broadcasts those programs, but now that I live here I'de like to know if I can catch them on the radio if I'm not home to watch them on TV. Thanks!

Does anyone here know if any station in the Tampa area broadcasts the audio from 60 Minutes and/or the CBS evening news? In the Boston area WBZ(AM) broadcasts those programs, but now that I live here I'de like to know if I can catch them on the radio if I'm not home to watch them on TV. Thanks!

I know you're most likely asking about OTA radio and to the best of my knowledge no station runs 60 minutes or the CBS Evening News. The only way I know to hear the audio of both shows on live, would be via a tablet or smart phone; WBZ, Boston is available on the "Tune In" app, that is available for Android phones and tablet as well as Apple phones and tablets.

The only nationally broadcast news shows, I am aware of that are OTA is the PBS Newshour on WUFT FM-Gainesville (89.1 or their repeater WJUF out of Inverness on 90.1).

If you one of the very few with an HD radio, WMNF 88.5.3HD also carries the PBS Newshour live.

I know you're most likely asking about OTA radio and to the best of my knowledge no station runs 60 minutes or the CBS Evening News. The only way I know to hear the audio of both shows on live, would be via a tablet or smart phone; WBZ, Boston is available on the "Tune In" app, that is available for Android phones and tablet as well as Apple phones and tablets.

The only nationally broadcast news shows, I am aware of that are OTA is the PBS Newshour on WUFT FM-Gainesville (89.1 or their repeater WJUF out of Inverness on 90.1).

If you one of the very few with an HD radio, WMNF 88.5.3HD also carries the PBS Newshour live.

WCBS 880 AM broadcasts both the CBS news at 6:30 pm weekdays and 60 minutes audio on Sundays. Even though I'm in the midwest I can pick them up fairly well OTA so don't know if you can listen to them on Tunein.

WCBS 880 was on the tune-in app; last time I checked, but that was probably about a year ago. I had wrongly assumed you were in the Tampa Bay Area, so the OTA info I gave you was worthless. (Sorry!).

I do know that if you miss all the national newscasts in the early evening, that NBC makes it's complete 6:30PM newscast available Mon-Friday and Sunday's online, the complete newscast normally becomes available around 10PM Eastern; segments of the newscast are available earlier.

Also online CBSN.com probably carries each as well; haven't checked that out.....but CBSN.com is a 24 stream and again with a cell phone or tablet could get the audio if you're not in front of a TV.

As you probably know, WCBS 880 OTA is nearly an impossible catch due to the Cuban stations on 880; OTA before I discovered the online options, I had better luck with WBBM 780-Chicago and they used to carry "60Minutes" and I would assume they still do. It is a weaker signal than WCBS, but relatively interference free from the Saint Petersburg-Tampa area...thus much more listenable on a good radio.

WHNZ is the local CBS News Radio affiliate in Tampa, but I think they don't air it, because they are airing FOX Sports Radio at the time, and not for 60 Minutes. Pretty understandable for an iHeart-owned station that is also a CBS News Radio affiliate...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom