• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

With worldwide listeners and show theme-title changes should time be used in PSAs?

Quite a simple question but it deserves discussion. Because I maxed out in thread title length on here, the PSA's I'm referring to are <>station imaging spots of show times<>.

Currently when advertising a show or program on my station I use Eastern time (starts at noon Friday in Atlanta). I figure much of my worldwide audience probably knows how far away they are from Eastern. But I could be wrong. I'm thinking in my new show promos to add Pacific Time also and make it even easier for them to remember (the ones who find it easier to remember know how far away they are from the Pacific time zone instead of Eastern). With 66% of my listeners worldwide, I think giving and remembering show times is necessary.

I see though if your station is just always talk or always country (without show titles), you really don't have a need to mention the time.

Last edited:
Pick one time zone (or maybe two if you have a good idea where your listeners are concentrated) and stick to it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom