• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is KHSX 101.5 on the air?

Noticed that KHSX now has a functional website, complete with live streaming. The webcast has music and ID announcements, but I have no idea if the station is actually on the air. Transmitter is along the East Loop between I-10 and Hwy 225, so too far away for me (hearing KLJJ as usual at my Cy-Fair location; not hearing anything else on the frequency. Will check Monday when I am near downtown.)

Website is http://www.khsx-radio.com

Have listened a few minutes. None of the artists are familiar to me but most of what I have heard is well produced with all the aspects as a music director I looked for. They are certainly hook oriented songs that are not off in left field. Even so, I sure can't define the format? Rock, Country, Christian, Dance? Interesting. By the artists popping up you'd think it is a bit of everything.

Last edited:
On the website, the contact information lists Ethen Young. I wonder if he is any relation to (the late) Bill Young.

No offense, but how many people within a 5 mile radius will actually listen to such an obscure playlist?

http://full.khsx-radio.com/musicprogram/

Are you for real, Steven? Shoot, I can already see the low riders in East End cruising down Navigation, flipping that left on Manchester, heading to the nearest dock at the Ship Channel, cracking open a cold one, and bumpin' this 'til the sun comes up.

Actually, I got lost in the list. Forgot which was the song title and which was the artist. Some people seriously clamor for out of the ordinary and obscure music to be played OTA. Well, take a good, long look, folks. This is what it looks like when someone dives off the deep end with the concept.

I can't receive it either, much like ol' double J-LP in Spring. Must be something wrong with 268 at my QSL. I always had an exceptionally hard time with KSTB, as well. Glad I'm not missing anything, Steven. Appreciate the update. :)

Of course, 87.7 was booming in from Beaumont. They are not using the narrow TV deviation. Its regular FM stereo...

Of course they are...

...but you're not involved with it, Joe, so no one here will give a rat's patootie. It's quite alright for other operations to pirate, just not you.

I thought you knew...

Of course they are...

...but you're not involved with it, Joe, so no one here will give a rat's patootie. It's quite alright for other operations to pirate, just not you.

I thought you knew...

Now, now. Be nice to Joe. If you do, he'll be nice to you.

Of course they are...

I thought you knew...

KIPS is not a pirate but operating under license and STA...87.7 had been dropping audio during the day...right now they are mono!

KIPS is not a pirate but operating under license and STA...87.7 had been dropping audio during the day...right now they are mono!

Can't receive them in Beaumont. I'm not sure if they're intermittent or just operating part-time. I've listened on 87.7 over the last two days. Nothing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom