• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

iHeart pulls the plug at 910: now ESPN Deprtes

Very low ratings. Not surprised.
Wonder what will happen with Coast to Coast AM? Will Bay Area fans have to DX KFBK to hear George Noory, or will a station like KSFO or KGO take it soon?

Bottom barrel talk shows. Once they settled their little tiff with Cumulus, the station was no longer necessary.

Also its San Francisco the NPR News/Talk member station KQED-FM basically blew any chances that KKSF would even be a factor in the ratings book for San Francisco.

Also its San Francisco the NPR News/Talk member station KQED-FM basically blew any chances that KKSF would even be a factor in the ratings book for San Francisco.

Hmmm...I don't know any market where that line-up of talk shows is a "factor." But sure, NPR soaks up a lot of ears for news & talk in the Bay area. No doubt.

I really think the purpose of that station was a landing spot if Cumulus actually dropped Rush & Hannity, as was the threat a couple years ago.

With 860 switching to Salem's talk, I guess there were too many talk choices in the Bay area.I do hope Gil Gross lands on his feet. He was the one bright spot of the station.

Isn't that incredible... Progressive Talk could not last in S.F.? Well, iHeart did blow up the format in San Diego, LA, Denver, etc. over the years. Yes, the ratings weren't great. But what commercial Talk station gets good ratings these days? KGO and KSFO are in the upper ones. 860 may show a profit but we know its ratings, if Salem even will subscribe to the ratings, won't hit a 1.0. Don't expect for 910 to even show as a Deportes outlet. Except in a few VERY Hispanic markets, the format performs poorly in the ratings. (Perhaps because it delivers young men, it sells OK.)

So that's it for Gil Gross, Stephanie Miller (whose syndicated show only started recently to replace Armstrong & Getty), Thom Hartman, Alan Colmes, etc. No outlet for them in perhaps the most liberal city in America.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom