iHeart pulls the plug at 910: now ESPN Deprtes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: iHeart pulls the plug at 910: now ESPN Deprtes

  1. #1

    iHeart pulls the plug at 910: now ESPN Deprtes

    As of this morning.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Solano County, California
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioJunkieMike View Post
    As of this morning.
    https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...espn-deportes/

    Now confirmed by Radioinsight about this flip.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yakima, WA
    Posts
    8,639
    Very low ratings. Not surprised.
    Wonder what will happen with Coast to Coast AM? Will Bay Area fans have to DX KFBK to hear George Noory, or will a station like KSFO or KGO take it soon?
    734 AM's in the log, 603 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: 7 new CA BCN Es logs, 7/11/2017 - see thread for details
    Last New AM Log: KUKI-1400 Ukiah, CA 3/26/17

  4. #4
    Bottom barrel talk shows. Once they settled their little tiff with Cumulus, the station was no longer necessary.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Solano County, California
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Bottom barrel talk shows. Once they settled their little tiff with Cumulus, the station was no longer necessary.
    Also its San Francisco the NPR News/Talk member station KQED-FM basically blew any chances that KKSF would even be a factor in the ratings book for San Francisco.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioPatrol View Post
    Also its San Francisco the NPR News/Talk member station KQED-FM basically blew any chances that KKSF would even be a factor in the ratings book for San Francisco.
    Hmmm...I don't know any market where that line-up of talk shows is a "factor." But sure, NPR soaks up a lot of ears for news & talk in the Bay area. No doubt.

    I really think the purpose of that station was a landing spot if Cumulus actually dropped Rush & Hannity, as was the threat a couple years ago.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sacratomatoes, CA
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioPatrol View Post
    https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...espn-deportes/

    Now confirmed by Radioinsight about this flip.
    I guess with A&G moved, why not? As others have mentioned, they were far from "killing it" with ratings.
    I got out of the business before it sucked the life out of me.
    Now I just play radio online at www.allthebestoldies.com.

  8. #8
    With 860 switching to Salem's talk, I guess there were too many talk choices in the Bay area.I do hope Gil Gross lands on his feet. He was the one bright spot of the station.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sacratomatoes, CA
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by benale View Post
    With 860 switching to Salem's talk, I guess there were too many talk choices in the Bay area.I do hope Gil Gross lands on his feet. He was the one bright spot of the station.
    +1 on Gil Gross.
    I got out of the business before it sucked the life out of me.
    Now I just play radio online at www.allthebestoldies.com.

  10. #10
    What about Lloyd Lindsay Young?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us