• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jon & Deek Leaving The X

As you probably heard, they will return July 18 on 94.9 rebranded as Radio Jon/Deek.

http://www.nwabusinessjournal.com/1...and-deek-leave-1049-the-x-for-new-opportunity

Interesting concept. I doubt the show will be much different. The move makes sense given that the demo of 104.9 The X is different than many of their "Loyal & Royal Army" listeners who have been listening to them since they left 93.3 The Eagle. It seems that much of their audience prefers classic rock over the alternapop often played as currents on The X. I'm more curious on what the will the music be like on the new format on 94.9. Based on the article, it sounds like a classic rock/AAA hybrid. Another question is how will the classic rock product aired on 94.9 affect Cumulus sister, 98.3 The Keg? They will wind up both playing Tom Petty, The Police and the Rolling Stones. Will The Keg go in another direction, like active rock?

94.9 has been a revolving door of formats. Seems like they change every 2 years as of late. Part of it is their transmitter is south of Prairie Grove. Yes, the footprint of 94.9 is bigger than 104.9, but the signal won't be clearer in all of the more populated areas of NWA. I've noticed even a little fade in the 94.9 signal in my car radio while driving around The AMP/Pinnacle Hills neigborhood. Will Cumulus Finally come up with something successful in 94.9 ?

Part of it is their transmitter is south of Prairie Grove. Yes, the footprint of 94.9 is bigger than 104.9, but the signal won't be clearer in all of the more populated areas of NWA. I've noticed even a little fade in the 94.9 signal in my car radio while driving around The AMP/Pinnacle Hills neigborhood.
Yeah, I thought the signal quote was interesting. Jon said something about Fort Smith as well, so they will try to sell both markets. Guessing they'll share a bit of the newest stuff from KEG, but be more 90's focused. I'd be shocked if KEG moves towards active.

Format wise, I would describe it as "rock based Adult Hits"...kinda like the "Jack" & "Bob" type stations heard in some markets but with more of a gold based AAA flavor compared to to some of those. Cumulus seems to be using 94.9 to going after 104.9 The X more and steal their older listeners than they are 93.3 The Eagle. It seems that they will just continue to use 98.3 The Keg to compete against The Eagle.

Here is a sample of music heard starting at 12:30pm, shortly after it signed on today:

Foo Fighters "Learn To Fly" (1999)
David Bowie "Ziggy Stardust" (1972)
The Raconteurs "Steady As She Goes" (2005)
Milky Chance "Stolen Dance" (2014)
The Divinyls "I Touch Myself" (1991)
Phoenix "Lisztomania" (2009)
The Verve "Bittersweet Symphony" (1998)
The Police "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" (1981)
Dave Matthews Band "Crush" (1998)
Red Hot Chili Peppers "Can't Stop" (2003)
Radiohead "Creep" (1993)
Billy Idol "Mony Mony" (1987)
Harvey Danger "Flagpole Sitta" (1998)
X-Ambassadors "Renegades" (2015)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom